Part 4 - Dev helps Ritesh

A/N: Deleted the previously published chapter and published this one with new scenes as it felt that previous one wasn't justifying the characters. Hope you understand it and enjoy the chapter.

Sonakshi's house

Sonakshi - "I feel like I was being used by the people and I don't like it."

Naina - "In what sense?"

Sonakshi - "I mean, people speak with only when they need me. Not speaking with me because I am their friend."

Naina - "Why do you feel so, Sona? They are all your friends, right?"

Sonakshi - "I felt and still feeling that they are my friends. But they are not feeling the same."

Naina - "Are you sure?"

Sonakshi - "Yeah mom. Last week, we had a webinar in our college by an foriegn professor. It was for limited people only. Working with that professor was my dream as it would enhance my career. Our professor asked Shubhadra to inform it to the students and the one who apply first would get the opportunity. She neither informed the students nor me. She just informed it to her friends and enrolled them. Am I not her friend? Didn't you see our bond in my birthday party, mom? You know I didn't even sleep for few nights to clear all her doubts during exam time. I thought we were really close."

Somnath - "Maybe she had more friends who are closer than you, Sona."

Sonakshi - "Dad, that's fine. I have seen her being close with two or more people than me. But she always tell me that I'm her closest friend. She never accepts that she is closer to others too."

Somnath - "That's sad

Somnath - "That's sad."

Sonakshi - "It's not only aboyt Shubhadra. I have problem with most of them. They just come to me when there was my need in exams to teach the concepts which was difficult to understand. Afterwards they disappear. But I didn't care much as I help helping people. But I never thought that it would backfire me."

Naina - "At least now you understood that you should prioritise yourself over others."

Sonakshi- "Sadly I understood. But what can I do? I feel like I am living among strangers. Even today, I asked my friends if we can go for a movie. Everyone refused saying that they're tired and go to home. But while coming to home, I saw the same gang coming out of cinema theatre as the movie gets over. Why are they lying to me?"

Somnath - "It's okay, Sona."

Sonakshi - "It's not okay, baba. Am I not a good friend?"

Naina  hugged Sonakshi, "Nothing like that, beta. You're the best. But not everyone could able to recognize the best quality of someone, right?"

Sonakshi nodded, "But I am tired of people changing their colours just like their dresses."

Somnath - "That's the reality of the world, Sona. Everyone is forced to wear a mask in the world. And the mask changes as per the person you meet."