Octonauts and the Indian Glassy Fish

The Gup-K drove up the river at a snail's pace. Kwazi, Dashi and the captain were all sitting in the Gup-K, busying themselves with various little things.

"Uuuuhg," Kwazii groaned ,"can't we go any faster, I've seen this gup go faster than a speeding shark and you're making us roll along at walking pace. Also, why are we all crammed in the Gup-K? What happened to the Gup-G?"

"We're going this speed so as to not disturb the wildlife," the captain said.

"And Kwazii, the Gup-G is stuck in a hole," Dashi said ,"you crashed it last week remember? Tweak told you a joke and you lost controll of the gup."

"Oh yea," Kwazii said, remembering what was going on, "so what are we doing here?"

"For a while now i've been making a scrap book," Dashi explained, "with a picture of a creature from every country. I've got most of the countries but I still have a few countries left, one of them being India. So we're here to get a photo of some indian fish for my scrap book."

"i remeber now!" kwazii realised.

"I don't know why you thought that was quite so funny Kwazii." Dashi said ,"it was just a pun."

"Oi!" Kwazii snapped ,"I'll have you know that puns are the best kind of joke. I'll tell you one now. What do you get when you cross a duck with an octopus?"

"I don't know," Barnacles replied.

"A quack-en!" Kwazii yelled excitedly. No one laughed.

"I'll tell you another one," Dashi said ," what do you get when you cross a hairball with a hurricane and a bad sense of humor?"

"I have a sneaking suspicion I know what." Captain Barnacles said ,"We're here!"

(i've been told this is a bit too harsh on kwazii but i like this joke so it stays.)

The Gup-K docked at the edge of the river. Each back of the river was now thick with aquatic plants that provided shelter for little fish.

"But wait," Kwazi cried ,"what's the answer to the jo..."

"This should be the perfect place to take a quality photograph," Dashi said, cutting off Kwazii, "this shouldn't take long but i want to get a really good photograph. See you in a bit."

And with that Dashi put up her helmet and jumped into the river.

She swam over to the opposite bank of the river where there was thick vegetation. Little fish swum in and out of the plants. Dashi swum about taking pictures of the fish but the scene was kind of dull. It was a beautiful place with a thriving ecosystem but none of the fish really piqued her interest, they were just the usual shades of grey and brown for camouflaging in the water, Nothing really interesting. She took a few more photos anyway before swimming back to the surface.

"Get anything good matey," Kwazii yelled at her from across the river. He could only be seen as a silhuettet because the sun was setting.

"Nothing special," Dashi said ," just the usual ritas, tor tors and other fish."

"We've set up a temporary camp," Barnacles said, "we'll be camping out here tonight and returning to the octopod tomorrow. Meanwhile you can print off your pictures."

***

"And that's the last of them," Dashi said as the final picture was printed out the side of the camera.

She handed them out amongst the crew. The pictures were nothing special. The little fish swam too fast to get a good close up on them, and the...

"Matey!" Kwazii shouted ,"Look at this!"