Octonauts and the Horseshoe crab Pt2

"Whah, what's going on?" Kwazii questioned, only half awake ,"this isn't my bedroom."

"Octonauts, we have a problem," Shellington said authoritatively ,"we have a flock of migrating birds approaching fast. These birds love to eat horseshoe crab eggs as food for their long migratory flight. We have to stop them. Everybody, let's Go!"

Awkward silence.

"I think what Shelington means is," the captain inverveined ,"Octonauts, Let's do this."

***

Tweak immediately bolted for the shoreline. She leapt into the Gup D and powered it up. She switched the gup into land move and walked it onto the beach.

The rest of the octonauts scrambled about fro anything that they could use to scare away the birds. As the seabirds finally arrived at the beach the octonauts were ready. As they descended through the air towards the beach the octonauts attempted to scare them away.

Tweak waved the arms of the gup D around manically, scaring the birds away from a large portion of the beach. The captain was waving his arms about trying to look menacing and scaring all the birds away from his area. The birds didn't even seem to go near Kwazii, who was showing off his swordsmanship using a piece of driftwood.

The birds having been shooed away from the beach all perched on the tufty grasses just beyond the sand.

The octonauts all stopped moving and looked at all the birds.

"Well it looks like that's sorted," Kwazzi said with an air of finality.

He began to waltz back to the chairs they had set up, content that his job was done. Suddenly there was a frantic flutter of feathers behind him. Kwazii leapt back into position, scaring away the seabirds that had tried to encroach on the eggs.

"Looks like we'll have to stay here a while," Tweak remarked ,"or these birds are gonna have horseshoe crab eggs for lunch."

"Do you think these birds will ever leave?" dashi asked.

"They'll have to move on soon." Shellington answered, "they have a migration to finish."

"I don't think these birds are gonna be doing any migrating Shellington," Peso said ,"they look so thin, and hungry,"

Sure enough the birds all looked very weak and hungry, eyeing up the food with big tired eyes.

(I will not be giving these birds voices as seabirds are not generally given voices. Like in The Baby Sea Turtles where the seagulls simply make regular seagull sounds)

"Well let's give them some fish biscuits and send them on their way." Kwazii said pulling some biscuits out his pocket

"I don't think that'll work," Shelignton said ," when birds migrate their anatomy changes a lot. One of the things that happens is their stomachs shrink to make way for wing muscle and fat stores. That's why these birds stop at these beaches each year to feed on the horseshoe crab eggs, because it is one of the few things they are able to digest"

"I'm sure the vegimals would be able to make something with the same consistency and nutritional value as these eggs," dashi said.

"Great idea Dashi!" Kwazii complimented ,"I'll go and tell them."

Kwazii began to jog towards the Gup B before remembering the birds and scrambling back into opposition, scaring the birds away from the eggs.

"Don't worry everyone," the captain said ,"I'll just call them on my Octo-compass."