Octonauts and the Great Snakehead Invasion Pt3

(Final part! i know the plot is a bit of a mess but it works.)

The cleanup group looked down at the cleaned out ponds which looked murky and lifeless.

"It looks worse than when we started," dashi remarked, "at least all the hydrilla looked alive."

"I know it looks bad," said a perch from the water ,"but that hydrilla was taking up all the space the good plants used to grow in."

"That's right," Shellington said ,"now we have a blank slate which we can fill with native plants and animals that all work together to make a great ecosystem."

"Cheepa cheepa?" Codish asked.

"We'll get organisms to populate these waters from healthy ponds and rivers where the snakeheads have not invaded." Shellington answered

"Well go on then," the perch said again ,"get going, us fish can only survive in a broken ecosystem for so long."

***

Shellington and Co™ tracked through the American countryside looking for healthy waters.

"Have you seen this fish?" Shelington asked the inhabitants of one river, holding up a snakehead picture.

"Yea, i know those dudes," a bass said ,"they ate all my food, but a penguin caught them all."

"Ok then, thanks for your help," dashi thanked and the group moved on

"Miles of walking and nothing," Shelington complained crossing that river off on the map

"We certainly cleared a lot of snakeheads," dashi commented

The group approached another waterway and greeted the resident fish.

"Hello there. Have you seen this fish?" Shellington asked once again holding up the picture of the snakehead.

"He that kinda looks like larry," a catfish said ," hey, larry come check this out!"

Larry swam to the surface and all the octonauts breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that Larry was a bowfin not a snakehead.

"What do you mean, that looks nothing like me?" Larry said ,"honestly you people!"

"So have you not seen any fish that looks like this?" dashi asked

"No I don't think so," Larry said ," it looks like I swam into a wall too quickly."

"Perfect! " Shellington yelled ," clapping his hands, "how would you fish like to have a new home."

"Hmm," thought the catfish ,"I'm interested. Tell me more."

"Well it's a bit of a fixer upper," Dashi explained, "but I assure you it will be a great place to live."

"Well count me in!" Larry confirmed, "how do we get there."

"Chaipa Chaipa," Codish explained, activating the fish pack, and gesturing to it.

"Sounds good to me," the catfish said, "let's go."

Barrot opened his fish pack and let the fish

"Looks like we got our first takers," dashi said ,"vegimals, you keep persuade more fish to come and help populate the ponds while me and Shellington take plant cuttings to replant "

The group all dived into the water and swam off to do their various things.

The vegimals began to pitch their offer of free real estate. Many fish were interested in the deal and the vegimals quickly filled up loads of fish packs. Each vegimal had one on their back and one on their front to carry maximum fish-idge. They were also the jumbo fish packs instead of the regular ones.