Octonauts and the Great Snakehead Invasion Pt1

Tweek was down in the launch bay, tinkering with some mechanical bits and bobs when she heard her Octo-Tablet ringing. She hopped over to it and saw the name Ranger marsh. She answered the call and was greeted with an image of her father's feet.

"Hey Tweek," the ranger said, "how 'r you doin'."

"I'm doing great, Pa," She answered, holding in her laughter ," i think you're using the wrong camera. You have to press the button in the top left of the screen to switch cameras."

Ranger Marsh then proceeded to use trial and error to find the button, turning is camera off and on again, muting and then unmuting himself and eventually finding the correct button, switching to front view so that Tweek could see his face

"Thanks Tweek," Marsh said ,"I never could get the hang of these fancy gadgets."

"So what brings you here?"

"It's the results of my biodiversity investigation," he explained ,"there's something i think your Octonaut friends might want to see."

Ranger Marsh adjusted his grip on his tablet and pointed it at a cork board with a map pinned to the wall. The map had a view of multiple bodies of water and little notes next to them but many had huge red Xs through them.

"You see those red marks," he said ,"each one is a lake or river where biodiversity is extremely low, meaning there aren't many different types of animals and plants living there and what's worse is that i found some new type of predatory fish in every lake on this map."

"Oh me oh my!" Tweak exclaimed, "What type of fish was it?"

"That information is beyond me," he said ,"i couldn't capture a specimen and believe me i've tried. They chew through my nets, escape my tanks, and bite me if I try to grab them. I've done a sketch but i'm no artist."

Marsh held up a piece of paper with a drawn image of an odd looking fish on it. It looked like an eel that had its head smashed in. It also had a rounded tail fin along with a prominent pectoral one too.

"That doesn't look like any fish I've seen before," Tweak said, looking at the sketch,"i'd better get the other octonauts in here."

Tweak put down her tablet and leapt over to the Octo-Alert and slammed her hand against it.

"Octonauts, to the launch bay!"

(Octo-alert sequence)

"What is it Tweak?" asked the captain.

"I got a call from my pa about a sudden drop in biodiversity and some mysterious fish that is appearing in lakes."

Shelignton barged his way to the front of the crowd.

"Let's see this fish!"

March held up his sketch again and Shelington went pale.

"Jumping jellyfish!" he exclaimed, sitting down on a chair ,"this is bad."

"What is it?" Peso asked fearfully.

"That peso, looks to me like a Snakehead,"

Shelington pressed some buttons on the launch bay control panel and brought up an image of a snakehead.

"I've seen one of them before!" Kwazii exclaimed ,"we were talking to some see-through fish. What's the big deal?"

"Snakeheads, just like any animal have their place in their ecosystem." Shelington explained ,"but the natural place for a snakehead to like is in asia and africa, and this one is in america."

"So an invasive species," dashi said ,"an animal that has colonised a habitat it is not native to, often causing ecological harm.

"Exactly."shelington agreed ,"snakeheads like these are incredibly voracious predators. In healthy ecosystems they are introduced to, they often drive out all of the native hunters and become the apex predator but in habitats that are fragile or already struggling, snakeheads can off balance the ecosystem causing it to completely collapse."