Hug - Minchan

The day Chan fell in love with Minho was the day he found out the younger boy's cat had died.

Of course, the night didn't end well.

In fact, it was an angsty mess.

But Chan knew in that moment, as he held the sobbing boy in his arms, that he was in love with Lee Minho, and he was never going to let go.

***

"Minho? I am back. And I brought dinner." Chan grinned wide, his mood lightened up by the fact that his considerate action will definitely get him a smile and maybe even a hug from his roommate.

He trudged inside the dorm, placing the takeout food on the table, and peering inside the kitchen to catch a glimpse of his roomie. But to no avail. With furrowed brows, he straightened up and walked over to the small kitchenette, switching on the lights to look properly.

Where is he? In his room?

Huh....

Confused, Chan switched off the lights and stepped out of the kitchen just as he heard a sob cut through the eerily quiet dorm.

Freezing in shock and fear, the wannabe producer kept standing in the hallway for a few seconds, not able to comprehend what he had just heard.

Someone was crying?

And who could it be anyways, except for Minho?

Heart thudding wildly in his chest, Chan forced himself towards the younger's room with heavy steps. His chest constricted in pain when he heard another sob leave from behind the door, and, as he lifted his trembling hand to knock, he tried to think up of reasons as to why the strong, level-headed and unfazed boy would be crying in his room late at night two days before his exams.

"Minho?" He called out softly, his knuckles hitting the door carefully to not startle his younger roomie.

Sniffles escaped the boy and then another devastating cry left his lips, hitting straight in his heart as he pursued his lips and willed his tears to stay at bay.

The entire situation was making him nervous and giving an impending sense of doom.

"Can I come in, baby? Please? You are scaring me." His whisper could might as well have not been heard, but the elder still kept the hope that Minho would understand and let him in.

And he did.

Looking disheveled and destroyed.

Chan's heart dropped to the ground.

The younger's brown hair was standing up on ends as if he had run his hand through it and grasped it too many times. His eyes were red and leaking with fresh round of tears, and his cheeks were flushed and wet. His gaze held an unexplainable amount of agony, his pupils shaking in misery and his face scrunched up as he wiped his face on the sleeve of his oversized hoodie. Watching his helpless distressed state pierced through Chan with suck stabbing pain that he took a step back in shock. His heart was literally squeezing torment, his hands full on trembling now as he kept staring at the wrecked boy in front of him.

"Oh baby...." His words not above a whisper and his voice wobbly. He held out his arms to the younger in front of him, the traumatised boy falling in them soon after. His arms wrapped around Minho tightly, holding him close to his heart and he started patting the brunet head. Sobs tacked through the younger's body and their entire frame shook with every pained cry that left the boy. Chan squeezed his eye shut and felt his own tears slips past his eyelashes.

"He is dead.... He is dead.... I cannot- what do I do, Chan? Why him?" The broken words falling from the younger's lips left Chan confused but he kept holding him in his embrace, needing the hug as much as the other boy needed it. His anxiety was hiking at the word 'dead' and he truly didn't want to know which good soul Minho had lost to leave him so ruined.

But he had to know.

"Who, Min?" He asked, afraid of the answer, as he mentally went through every person he knew to be present in Minho's life. There weren't a lot to be honest, just his parents, his best friend Hyunjin, younger brother Felix and his cats. Apart from that, he was close to his grandfather, who seemed to be the best answer to his question with his old age. He was also close to some of his classmates, but none of their deaths would have left him sobbing his eyes out.

"Borah." A defeated sigh left the elder, now understanding the reason for the despairing younger.

Minho loved his cats. LOVED them with all his heart. They were his first best friend, even before his brother was born  and he met Hyunjin. They were his precious babies, his companions. And their death would destroy him like no other.

People say heartbreak is painful, they haven't experienced the loss of a pet yet.

Chan could relate.

His own dog, Berry, was a part of his soul. Losing her would make him lose himself too.

And he didn't even think he loved her as much as Minho loved his cats.

You don't understand, he lives for his cats. They aren't just pets, or even friends or something, they are his soulmate, or maybe even more. The one time Chan went over to his house, he witnessed first hand just how deep Minho's love goes for his cats and vice versa.

He couldn't even imagine the pain the younger was going through.

"I am sorry, Minho. I am so sorry." Minho didn't answer, just kept on crying quietly, his hand clutching Chan's shirt at the back and his weight leaning on the elder. Chan let him, holding him up reassuringly and just being there for him as he cried the ache away.

It killed him to see the younger like that.

He only ever wanted to see his smile, hear his sarcastic threats, gaze into those sparkly eyes, and hold his lit up face in his hands to kiss his troubles away. He was in deep shit, he knew that, maybe even in love with him, but he didn't care. All he cared about was Minho.

Maybe he will confess one day, maybe they might even date considering how flirty the younger is with him sometimes, but for now, he was just going to hug his baby and keep his demons at bay.

***

Not my best work, but this was all I could c9me up with after 10 hrs of school.

I live for Minho's love for his cats, but I couldn't put Soonie here, that would have killed me for no damn reason, so I randomly put 'Borah' which means purple in Hangul. Yes, I just killed our dear BTS' color, I am sure they will forgive me though.

This sudden idea came up after an accident that occurred to my dog on Saturday. Boy nearly committed suicide by trying to jump out of a moving elevator and yeah, we nearly lost our dog that day. I cried my eyes out and trust me, loosing a pet hurts the worst. He is fine, still a crazy ass, but it gave me the scare of my life.

So here it is, a baby Lino with his comfort person, Channie.😌