Chapter 1

The examiners gather at the arena while waiting for the Captains to arrive, Captain Vangeance will be the one who will host the examination again and as usual a lot of nobles and non-nobles are wanting to be part of his squad.

He is currently fixing himself then he picked up his mask and walked out of his room.

"I wish I could make it today! as you can see, I already tried last year however, I failed" the man scratched the back of his head while smiling "Heh! what are you expecting? you're just a mere peasant! do you think you will make it today? if I were you, I should probably start walking back home already" they give this arrogant noble a bored look "Well, to tell you I saw you last year! I can't believe a noble like you will fail! well considering you're an airhead I shouldn't be wondering anymore" The noble took his grimoire out "Why don't we fight so I can feed you with your words?" the non noble bring out his grimoire too but they both stop upon hearing the fireworks at the distance "Heh seems like the Captains have already arrived! I chose you as my opponent later" they both smirked on each other and went into different directions.

Captain Vangeance smiled at everyone "Greetings everyone! I am Captain William Vangeance of Golden Dawn, I know everyone was quite excited and wants to be part of Magic knights however, you all have to participate on different levels of this examination" everyone nodded some are feel challenge and determination however, some are got nervous especially those who's from non noble family "Your score will be based on your performance on every part of the examination" he let out his grimoire and summoned the giant tree from the sky, everyone feel amazed and after awhile the tree handed them a broom "To start the examination you have to be able to fly this brooms, let the examination begin!" he shouted and sat on his seat watching everyone.

As he can see some are struggling but what caught his attention was this white haired lady, she's wearing a close neck long sleeve top and pants, her hair is white as a snow and her eyes is full of bravery, he looked at her as she able to fly her Broom without any problem, little did he know Nozel also eyeing for this girl but not just them but the other Captains as well.

One envious noble lady bumped at Astrid! she gasped as she tried to control her broom again! then she frowned on that lady but after a while she smiled "I want to be your opponent" the lady gasped but smiled "I've heard you failed last year? what makes you think you can win over me?" the lady cackles "Well, I think you trying to mess up with me so what's making you feel hesitate to fight me? are you afraid of me?" she smirks, the lady squints her eyes "Alright then, my name is Diane" she smiled at Astrid "Astrid, I'll see you later" she said and turned around..

William saw what happened but he smiled upon seeing Astrid was able to cope with it.

As the examination goes on he saw how Astrid perform very well, he can almost see Yuno to her.

At last the most awaiting part has come, the examiners have to fight each other, Astrid took a deep breath  then she stepped towards the middle together with her opponent Diane who didn't waste time and attack Astrid with massive amount of rocks, she got surprised and shielded herself with her arms as the rocks fall to her and buried her beneath, Diane laugh "See? I told you peasants like you should remain on your place!" William frowned and everyone fell into silence as they couldn't see any movement from Astrid...

Not for long... the rocks exploded and Diane gasped "Magic creation: Icy winter air!" she wasn't ready for it and before she could know a super cold air coated her body that even her joins find it hard to move then Astrid moves far from her holding her all white grimoire that was shining "Magic creation: Chandler of death" William gasped upon hearing it then a huge Chandler of pointy ice appears above Diane "Magic creation-" before she could even cast another spell the ice from the Chandler fell towards her but it did not completely hit her still in ables to injure her.

Astrid eyes is full of madness as she smiled crazy "Magic creation: iceberg!" everyone gasped as an iceberg appears and it pierced Diane's arms and lifted her to the air, she was injured yes but it doesn't kill her...she still able to looked on Astrid, the referee declares Astrid as winner.

"That was fast, I can't believe someone can do that!" Rill exclaimed "Maybe she's a noble from far away land" Yami commented "She joined last year but backed out after a personal issue happened" Charlotte said, Nozel remained silent as he recognized her already and William blinked and smiles "I'm glad to see her again" he said while smiling.

The final selection came, Astrid calming herself "235" she gasped her number were called she stepped into the middle "Captains please raise your hand" she stared at them, William and Nozel raised their hands at the same time causing a clamouring from the crowd then the other Captain raised their hands too! Astrid blinked twice she can't believe that all the Captain raised their hands! "Please chose which Squad would you like to join" William smiled at her, she took a deep breath as the wind blew her hair "I- uhm..." she cleared her throat and smiled back at William "Please allow me to join Golden Dawn" he smiled at her and nodded, Nozel feel bitter and wants to go now but he realized it will be disrespectful if he going to do that so he sat back to his sit.

After the selection, Nozel looked for Astrid "Hey" she turned around wasn't expecting the most prideful Captain will approach her "Captain Nozel" he took a deep breath "If you did not backed out last year, you're probably on my squad" she smiled at him "Oh" he looked away "Do your best as a magic squad" he turned around and left.

Nozel feel really bitter because last year he thinks that he's the only one who noticed her potential and he literally waited for one year to get her! however, fate brings him no luck.

William let Klaus to escorted Astrid towards their headquarters "So, you're not a noble or a royal too?" he asked in a serious tone "That is correct" he faced her "Alright. Just to remind you, you still have to work hard to gain our trust and also, you need to prove to us that Captain William did a good decision of choosing you" she raised her eyebrow "Are you telling that to me because I am not a royal nor a noble like you?" Klaus frowned "why? was there something wrong about that?" she shook her head "I just hate your tone of voice, it seems like if I commit one mistake you won't hesitate to punish me" Klaus turned around and cleared his throat "Whatever, think whatever you wanted all I know is as your senior I gave you an order to prove yourself to us" she sighed not wanting to argue even more.

"Here is your room, you have so much to learn as a Magic knight, I'm the one who's in charge of teaching you with that and as a rookie I'm expecting high respect from you"she nodded then he picked up the pair of uniform "Here wear this, this is the signature Golden Dawn uniform" she took it and stare on it...her heart beating faster and she feel like her tears was about to fall because of overwhelming joy now that she's finally a Magic knight she will be able to help those who's in need.