Chapter 6

Astrid blinked twice and turned around "M-my apologized Captain! I-I don't know that-" she held the door knob again but she was surprised when he held her hand "Don't go" he was too close to her, she could almost feel his breath "Astrid...can you look at me?" she bit her lips, it was not a command but a genuine request from him, she slowly turned around and faced him "W-what do you think about me? now that you already saw my face, I want to hear an honest answer from you" she studied his features.

After awhile she smiled sincerely and slowly reached for his cheek, he was surprised and his heart started to beat like crazy "You are absolutely beautiful man, Captain" he hitched his breath as he looked at her "B-But my scars..." he looked down but Astrid caressed his cheek gently "What's the matter? I was surprised with such a huge scar but it doesn't mean it look ugly on my eyes...I won't say I Don't care about it but I want you to know that it doesn't matter to me" she said what's inside her heart, he looked at her "But...Astrid..." He don't know what to say but she understands him "That's alright, Captain" she gently patted his cheek.

As he stare at her he knows what he wants to do "Astrid please... call me by my name" she nodded "William, you are amazing" his heart almost stops to beat, he wrapped his other hand around her waist and pulled her closer while the other one held her cheek gently "Thank you" she smiled at him, he looked down at her lips and leaned closer, Astrid did not move but her heart was exploding like a volcano....

"Captain" they both kicked back at reality when they heard Yuno speaking at William's communication device then William cleared his throat and gently let go Astrid, she was half pissed and half overwhelmed but she knows this is not the right time "Yuno what is it?" she listens too "I sense a strange magic from the back of the house, I checked it as saw nothing please becareful and tell Astrid to.... wait hold on..." William frowned and waited for Yuno to speak again "Captain, I have a plan" William took a deep breath "Astrid should go out" Astrid gasped as Yuno and Captain Vangeance said it in chorus "You want me to lure the beast, was that it?" William nodded "Yes, that's what we're going to do but no worries, if it attacks you Yuno and me will back you up" she nodded "I got it" they nodded at each other.

"Oh why is it so hot tonight?" she's fanning herself while walking outside the house, she felt another Ki at the back side but she chose to sat down while Yuno and William remain alert and hiding.

Hours of waiting she felt tired and close her eyes to take a nap, she even lean her head at column. Yuno squint his eyes seeing a vine like things crawling towards Astrid's foot, he was about to charge towards it but Astrid suddenly grabbed it and pull it with full force, someone shrieks from the bushes at the back side William immediately ran towards it and Yuno followed him "Astrid Don't let it go!" William shouted while running, she nodded Yuno grabbed the person behind bush.

William wasn't surprised at all who is it "I know it was you!" Yuno said, the old woman trembles but to their surprise she laughed, they looked back and saw Astrid got stabbed by it's tongue and seems like she lost her conscious "Too late Captain Vangeance now I will suck up- huh?" the beast eyes widened in confusion "Ice magic: freezing touch" Astrid grabbed her tongue and it froze until it broke, the beast screams in agony and Astrid landed on the ground "My my that was not so beautiful" she flipped her hair and held her waist, William saw she's bleeding but it seems like it doesn't matter with her "Astrid!" she walked towards Yuno and William "You're bleeding" William said in concern "Let's deal with it later" she smiled and took off the fake tummy she's wearing, the beast still screaming and kneeling at the ground while holding it's mouth "W-what!? You're not pregnant!?" Astrid flips her hair again "Of course not idiot!" Yuno noticed that Astrid put ice on her wound to numb it, the beast charged towards her while her severed tongue was sticking out "Disgusting" Astrid open her grimoire same as Yuno "Magic creation: Snow storm!" They shouted, William smiled and jumped to distance himself, he also used his grimoire and roots came out from the sky and wrapped around the frozen monster "Heh!" Astrid laughed proudly "We did it!" She did a high five with Yuno excitedly and then she turned around and ran towards William "That was amazing magic, aptain!" William smiled gently at her.

While they were doing investigation the ice that covered Astrid's wound melted "You're bleeding Astrid, let me heal you" William made her seat and healed her wound "Thank you Captain!" she smiled at him, Yuno was staring at them from the distance.

"I can't believe we will defeated it by just one day!" Astrid was strangely energetic, Yuno went beside her they actually riding their brooms "Too bad I still want to see you as Mrs. Vangeance" he whispered to her, she blushed intensely "Waaah!" William who's in front of them got surprised with her scream and turned around to check them, he saw Astrid strangling Yuno "You Evil brat!" he cleared his throat and the two looked on him "Sorry Captain!" Astrid said, William just smiled.

Once they arrived at the headquarters they landed right in front of it "Let's make a report tomorrow, okay? take a rest both of you" Yuno and Astrid nodded at him before he walked inside, Yuno noticed the way Astrid followed William with look "Do you like Captain?" Astrid look at him "Well, yes" he gasped because of her honest answer "Why Don't you tell him?" she took a deep breath and strech her arms up "No, no need probably he knows it already. There are things we have to focus on as of now" she smiled and yawn "I'm going inside now, see you tomorrow!" she waved goodbye at Yuno and walk Inside.

The next morning, she woke up early and went out of her room "Astrid" she smiled at William "Good morning Captain" he nodded while smiling "Good Morning" they walked towards the dining room.

After breakfast, the three went to Julius to make a report "The three of you are extremely powerful! no wonder you finished the mission that easy" William nodded, Julius looked at Astrid "It's a great thing that Captain William decided to take you with them. I wish I was there to witness how powerful you are" he held Astrid's shoulder, she gasped a little but smiles "Oh I just did my part as a magic knight" he nodded "And you did excellent! you know, it's so rare to find someone that has ice magic that's powerful as you are tell me, Do you have secret?" she tilted her head "Uhm well, I never stop to train and discover the capacity of my magic but..." she took a deep breath "There are times that I am scared to use it on it's full potential that's why I'm holding it" Julius's face tainted with concern "Why? you shouldn't be afraid to unleash your inner you" she nodded "That's what Captain Vangeance told me, we will keep on doing training until one day I completely unleash my full potential" Julius smiled "I wish to see you training next time" He looked on Yuno "Yuno, it's been a year since the time you joined Golden Dawn but I still can't help but to feel amazed with your ability and this time you found a perfect partner for you" Yuno smiled "Thank you for the compliment" Julius went back at William "You are really an excellent Captain William!" William nodded and smiled proudly "Thank you" Julius patted his shoulder.

"Thank you for your hard work" Astrid smiled, William allowed them to walk around "Yuno, you have a friend, right?" he nodded and smiled "Would you like to meet him?" Astrid nodded while smiling "but he is from Blackbulls" She nodded "I see, maybe we can meet him some other time" he smiled slightly at her.

As the two roaming around Astrid noticed a new shop "Grandma!" she saw that the seller on that shop was the old lady whom she helped "My my you're the beautiful knight who helped me, right?" the old lady chuckled "Yes that is correct! woah! you already bought a lot of great things!" Astrid looked at the stall with astonishment "How much is this?" she pointed to a quill pen that was in front "Do you want that? You can have it for free" Astrid gasped "What? no, I can pay for it grandma hehe" the old lady smiled sweetly at her "You can have it dear" she held Astrid's hand, Astrid gasped feel a familiar Ki but she did not mind it instead she smiled politely at the old lady as she accepted the pen "Actually I want to give it as a gift for someone that's why I want to buy it. But anyway, that you Grandma! I really appreciate it" the old lady nodded and she ran towards Yuno.