Chapter 3

She feels really embarrassed but then William suddenly held her hand that was on the table and it made her eyes widened as she looked at him, he smiled seeing her beautiful eyes widened "Astrid, you are beautiful. You should be more confident" he was surprised with his own words because that wasn't the words he was supposedly going to say but then he saw how the tense on her face washed away he didn't dare to take back his words "Thank you Captain" he nodded and squeezed her hand before he continued to eat his dessert.

After they finished eating William paid the bill and they left, Astrid felt relief "Thank you for treating me, Captain! once I get my first salary I'll treat you too!" he chuckles "You Don't have to. I treated you because I want you to feel comfortable with me as much as possible and gladly it seems worked!" she looked away while smiling "I'm always comfortable around you, Captain it just I have to be mindful of my actions" he watched her as she walked beside him, he really likes her good and humble attitude, he really admires how she maturely handles the things.

They both got surprised when someone bumped at them and in the distance the old lady who was selling the purple snake was shouting "Help! a thief!" Astrid immediately let out her grimoire "Freeze!" she waved her hand to that man who bumped her and the people gasped when ice appeared and held the man's foot who eventually got tripped and fell to the ground, Astrid frowned and approached the man "Oy give her back whatever you stole!" the man hissed and slashed his knife on her she was able to dodge it however the tip still managed to scratch her on the abdomen "Ah!" she groaned, William used his magic and tied up the man with some roots then he snatched the bag of gold from the man who is now trying to struggle from his magic, he saw Astrid was bleeding "You have wound" Astrid nodded "Yes no worries it's just shallow" she gently took the bag from William and walked towards the old woman.

"Grandma!" she smiled at the little woman as she handed her the bag of gold "Here it is! please becareful! uhm where do you live? would you like us to accompany you to your home?" the old woman smiled gently and shook her head "No Darling, thank you for helping me! this is my income for today and without it I might end up eating nothing" Astrid feels bad for the old woman but then she smiled "I hope tomorrow a lot of people buy your goods, Grandma!" the old woman chuckles, as she turned around to return to William she suddenly felt her heart stop to beat.

William healed Astrid, he brought her to her room after bringing the thief into the dungeon, he heard her groan and opened her eyes "Ugh Captain"she tried to get up but William stopped her "That's alright, just take a rest. The knife has poison on it and it's very lethal because it makes your heart stop beating" she gasped "I died?" she asked as she held her chest and her eyes widened in surprise, he nodded "Sort of. But I was able to heal you" she sighs of relief "Thank you so much Captain!" he patted her shoulder "Take a rest, alright?" she nodded and William left his room.

Yuno heard what happened to Astrid and he immediately went to her room, he knocked on the door gently "Come in" He opened the door and walked towards her, she smiled at him "Yuno-san" he sat beside her bed "I wasn't expecting to see you on this state but I'm glad that you are okay!" he smiled gently and felt a sense of relief after seeing her okay "Yes, this is what's happening to me whenever I'm letting my guard down" she sat and faced him "At least Captain was with you when it happens" she nodded, he noticed the sudden brightness in her eyes when he mentioned Vangeance "Hmm what are you and Captain doing outside?" he asked "Well, I was walking alone since it's my free time then he treated me for tea" she explained, Yuno nodded and smiled as he knew that Captain Vangeance was now interested with Astrid "Did he mention something?" she felt confused but shook her head "Alright, I'll go now rest well Astrid" he walked towards the door.

The news about what happened to Astrid reaches Nozel's ears and he rushed towards the headquarters of the Golden Dawn "Captain Silva" he frowned at William "What happened?" William got confused "I guess you heard it already, are you here to visit her?" Nozel almost rolled his eyes "Of course! I just can't understand why you let this to happened!?" clearly he is annoyed "I Don't have control with everything Nozel, you can visit her at her room" the other Golden Dawn members are looking at them as William escorted Nozel towards Astrid's room.

Astrid was about to get up when she heard knocks "Uh come in" she response "Astrid, Captain Nozel eas here to visit you" The door opened and she saw William first then behind him was Captain Nozel Silva, she smiled gently "Hello" he cleared his throat before he enters her room "Alright, I'll leave now" She nodded at William "Captain Silva?" he stood right beside her "How are you? I've heard what happened" she nodded "Uh I'm okay now and I was about to get up" he sighed and sat beside he "I can't believe that you're just one day old here and you already experiencing this kind of things" she scratched the back of her head "Ah it's my fault and besides, it's part of my duty as a Magic knight" she smiled, Nozel shook his head "But he is with you! as your Captain it's his duty to protect you!" She pressed her lips into a thin line "I can't afford it if something happens to Captain Vangeance now that I found out that knife has poison on it" Nozel stare at her "You know, I Can't understand why did you choose to be on his squad" she smiled "Well, I just feel like I want to be part of his squad" Nozel looked away.

Astrid still confused why Nozel suddenly visited her "Do you have something to tell me?" she asked, he gasped and shook his head "I just visited you, was there something wrong with that?" she shook her head, he stared at her and patted her head, he is too prideful to admit that he's having crush on her "On your day off can we go outside?" she gasped "Huh? uh sure!" she smiled even she's kind of confused.

Nozel finally said goodbye and Astrid went out of her room.

"Now, tell if you still can cope or you need to take a rest, okay? and to remind you, you're the one who forced me to teach you a lesson" Klaus said as he stood on front of her, they are not at the council room "No worries, I'm okay now" he nodded and cleared his throat "Anyway, as a Magic knight you have to think about the others first before yourself. What you did earlier was a good example of it" she nodded and take note "And you have to continue doing that, alright?" she nodded again "Astrid, I hate to admit it but..." he cleared his throat and fixed his glasses "You made me proud" she chuckles "Oh Thank you, I just did my part" he smiled a little "Okay then, let proceed" William past by on the room where Klaus and Astrid studying, he saw how eager and enthusiast Astrid to learn, he studied her features from the door way like the way she swaying her feet below her, the way she wrote and listening very attentively to Klaus and the way she smiled it's really a relief for him to see her laughing with Klaus "Oh Captain" Klaus noticed him and Astrid looked on him "Oh Captain!" she stood and salute on him, he smiled and walked in "Are you okay now?" he asked as soon as he got close to her "Yes! no worries, my body is stronger than a bark of a tree!" she laughed "Oh is that so? that's why you end up unconscious because of a poison" she frowned at Klaus teasing "Ah I almost died! Captain says my heart stops to beat!" Klaus looked away and the corner of his lips raised as he successfully annoyed her, Willian smiled "Don't mind him, he's just like that but he also got worried to you" Astrid gasped and Klaus moved back a little "T-that's not true, Captain!" William laughed a little as he sees Klaus ears turned red, Astrid laugh too "Waah! I knew you cared about me!" she poked Klaus waist thay made him tickled "Stop it!" he forwned but she jusy smiled.