Chapter 4

As days passed, Astrid spent more time with Yuno and Mimosa "Yes, we are nobles before but then, my parents lost their title but it doesn't matter! I love the person who I became and I will never regret it!" Mimosa clapped her hand "That's amazing!" Yuno noticed a ring on her ring finger, it was made of gold that was braided together and has a little diamond in the middle "Are you married?" he asked, Astrid fell into silence for a few seconds before she cleared her throat "No" she smiled at him, Yuno felt that he offended her "Sorry asking" she shook her head "That's alright! no need to apologize!" she smiled sweetly "Astrid Do you have a picture of your family?" Mimosa asked "Uhm..." she picked out the picture from her pocket and showed it to them "Woah, this is you!? you look so adorable when you were a toddler! haha oh look at your hair! wow and your mom is so beautiful too! Your father just looks like you!" Yuno looked at her and smiled "You looked like a girl version of your father from your hair to your eyes and your lips, it was the same as your mom's" she smiled and nodded "Ah haha yeah! I inherited most of my features from my father" Mimosa handed her the picture "and how about your magic?" Yuno asked "That's actually odd because none of them have the same magic as mine, both of them have water magic" Yuno nodded "I got it, maybe you got it from your ancestors" she nodded "Yeah probably" She looked at the picture and hid it.

William called her to his office "Astrid" she stood straight as she watched him standing by the window not facing her "I will go to a mission and I want you to come with me" she nodded "When is that Captain?"he turned around and walks towards her "A week from now" she nodded again "I got it" she smiled, she can feel adrenaline rushing through her since this is her first mission "Is it only the two of us?" he shook his head "Yuno will be joining us" she nods "I got it, Captain! but what kind of mission is it?" he smiled "I'll tell it once Yuno arrived, by the way do you have anything to do right now?" she shook her head and stare at William with curiosity on her face, he think twice because he wants to take her for tea again but he changed his mind thinking that she might want to take a rest "I'm just worried that maybe you're overworking yourself" she nodded and smiled "Don't worry! I'm keeping everything on balance" he nodded.

After awhile, Yuno arrived and William starts announcing about their mission "There was a mysterious beasts that pretending as a human. Most of it's victims are from the same village close to Hage Village" Yuno nodded and frowned "Close to Hage Village? I see, do you have any plan now Captain?" Vangeance nodded "We have to stay at Hage Village first then from there, we have to disguise. Yuno, I need you to go around the village as soon as we got there and then me and Astrid will do a disguise" she nodded "What disguise Captain?" he smiled "You have to disguise as my pregnant wife" she nodded "I see, I see- wait what!?" her eyes widened in surprise Yuno chuckled "As you can see, this beast was attracted with pregnant women" She nodded and hit Yuno on stomach while frowning, he chuckles again "Are we good with that?" William asked "Yes Captain, we will let you know if we have additional ideas for it" Astrid said, they give William a salute before he let them go.

"Why did you laughed at me? you're crazy were in the middle of meeting!" Yuno just smiled seeing her frowning "And Don't you show me that sweet smile of yours, alright?" she pointed him before she turn around and walked away, he watched her as she turned towards the direction of her room.

William was looking outside by his window, he loves listening to birds he looked down and saw some of his squad members walking by "I wonder where she is" he closed the window and went out of his room.

He walked towards Astrid's room and he noticed it was open slightly, he took a peak and saw her reading a book and seems like she was on the deep thoughts while sitting on her study table, he took a deep breath and knocked "Oh come in" Astrid replied, he gently pushes the door and she smiled at him "Captain, do you need something?" she asked while smiling and closed her book "Nothing particularly" he entered and closed the door then he walked towards her and sat beside her "are you surprised with my plans?" he asked, Astrid smiled "A little haha" she laughed "But that's actually a great plan Captain!" he smiled and felt relief, he stare at her for a while "You know, you are very interesting person Astrid, maybe you wondering why I keep coming close to you, right?" when he asked that Astrid realized he was right "I Don't have problem with that Captain, but now that you mentioned it I suddenly felt curious why" she tilted her head "Why do you think?" he give her a smile and she knows the meaning of it but decided to smile back "Well, whatever it is I know that it's not bad" he laughed and patted her head "You're so adorable Astrid! Thank you for trusting me" she blushed a little when he pat her head "You are my Captain of course I'm Trusting you" she smiled back at him.

"Would you like to go out?" he asked, she nodded "Sure" he motioned her to follow him.

Yuno secretly followed them but William felt his Ki "Astrid can I hold your hand?" Astrid gasped but she nodded, she felt her heart beating faster but she remained calm, William did his best to lost Yuno.

Yuno frowned but he decided to leave them alone "Why do I care about them?" he took a deep breath and went to other way.

William brought Astrid to a field, she saw a majestic tree at the middle "Woah did you made this tree, Captain?" she asked and touched the trunk "Yes, I made this so birds may live here" They sat under the tree, she looked up and smiled while listening to the sound of the birds "I love listening to their songs" she looked at William "Me too, it's so relaxing and beautiful" he nodded.

A moment of silence happened but it doesn't feel awkward instead it feels relaxing and comfortable for both of them "Astrid, can you tell me about your family?" she looked at him and took a deep breath "I'm fromthe household of Isbert, my family was once a wealthy family but they lost our title right before my mother gave birth to me" he nodded "And what happened after that?" she looked at him "As a child, I've been through a lot of hardship especially whenever my Father and Mother are fighting, there are times they almost get separate and they both made me choose whom I want to live with" she chuckles, William listening well "Also, the truth about my magic is I was a late bloomer, some of our relatives called me disgrace because of it but right after I discovered it they all praising me" her smiled got smaller as she looked up and took a deep breath, she wants to ask anything about Vangeance but she knows it's not a good thing to do but then of course he is not numb, he knows she's deeply curious about him "I understand. I can feel that you been through a lot of hardship before, that's why you grew strong and still getting stronger as time goes by. Now, would you like to ask me anything?" he smiled, she looked at him and her mouth gaped a little.