Chapter IX. Old Story

Jaime POV

In my room, I sit on my bed thinking of my relationship with Cersei, her children and now Father wants me to be the lord. A thing I do not want to ask for, my power is my sword, I need power more than becoming Castelry Rock lord.

I lived all my life close to Targaryens and their guards, I lived in the red keep, what? leaving all these behind me and going back to the West again.

There knocks on my door and open it before I say anything and Father walks in "You are awake" he closes the door "Why you did not come and have your breakfast with us"

I stand "I ate her, North did not suit me at all"

Tywin takes a sit "It will suit you perfectly when you become the lord here"

I take another chair "How?"

"Raya is Winterfell Lady and older of the children, Brandon's daughter from Ville to the Wall will be yours"

I think a little and gives him my usual lazy grin "An offer, I do not want to take, I am a free man"

"No man is free. Only children" he snaps "And fools think elsewise."

》》》♡♡♡《《《

Narrator POV

In Lord Stark's quarter. Robb walks toward his father who is sitting at the desk looking at a scroll "Father"

Ned turns to his son "Robb, good you came, I wanted to talk to you about the girl you  want and another thing" Robb walks in and takes a sit opposite his father "So Raya will be married to Jaime Lannister"

Robb notices regret mix with sadness in his father's tone "I think you did not like it then why did you accept it?"

"Allies"

"With Lannisters?? She is Raya, we are talking about our family and__" he stops taking his breath "And the girl I love and wanted to marry"

Ned stares at his son trying to process "Wait a minute you and Raya?!! Or I did not understand"

"We love each other for a year and you told me you are going to betroth us"

Ned wipes his face "If you two loved each other, why you did not tell me? Or why you did not show us your love? why do you keep it secret? Is love something to be ashamed of?"

"I could not, I know Mother would not accept it. I had to be a man and age eighteen first"

Ned looks at his son with more anxiety remembering his old love and that may he has the same fate as his.

》》》♡♡♡《《《

Raya POV

In Cerenna's quarter, in my room. Cerenna holding red silk fabric for the wedding dress and she turns to the desk taking the wedding cloak "This was mine" she puts in my hand "Now yours"

I stare at the cloak, sitting on the bed feeling my body getting gold, and then stare at my Mother "I can not do it"

"What?"

I stare at her "Robb and I in a relationship for over a year now. We are lovers" 

Cerenna puts down the fabric and stares at me for a moment trying to process "Robb?" I nod "He is your younger brother, you treat each other like siblings all these years and now you tell me, you two lovers"

"We love each other, I do not want to marry Jaime, Mother. He is a good man but not for me"

She gathers the fabric "Listen to me Raya, I know you did not see your father, but I did, there is no Stark breaking their oath and they are good men but what I see from your father, I am sorry, you can love Robb over my dead body, he did not love you, he is young and if it became you and anything else, he would choose the other thing"