Part 5

Mon's POV

I immediately pulled my hand away from Khun Sam after coming to my senses and realizing what was going on. I now understand why Sarai made me promise to stay away from her mother and not fall from her. I was also starting to understand why Khun Sam was acting this way toward me; given this was just my second day working for her.

Khum Sam liked girls! Sarai was aware of it, so much so that she was scared that if I was to fall for Khun Sam - which by the way will never happen- she would lose me, her newest friend/babysitter, and most importantly, her mom.
She was too protective of her mother because she was the only person in her life. Giving the fact that she's adopted makes her feel that anyone that comes around Sam, will try to take her away from her. Though I think this will never happen, Sarai is Sam's entire world and I notice it as soon as I saw her hugging and talking to her daughter! Nobody would ever be able to come between those two!

However, I do not quite fully understand why Khun Sam was being nice to me. I was hoping it was just because I'm Sarai's first-ever babysitter or maybe because Sarai and I got along pretty well!
Khun Sam has always been portrayed by the media as this "cold, heartless woman" and that all her employees were afraid and highly respected her. But with me, she was showing this new side, sweet, flirty, and loving. Not that I don't like it, it's just... this is my second day here and it's my first time meeting her. It's confusing! Maybe she should've waited a few weeks. Am I seeing too much maybe?
Maybe that's just how she is and the media is just fake news. Well, I feel that Nita would've told me differently!
I don't think she likes me in that way either, it would be too soon. We just met... unless... unless she's trying to use me?
No, that would be too cruel of her, right?!

It took me a while to realize that Khum Sam was still waiting for me. I looked up and saw confusion and annoyance. I don't think she liked the fact that I pulled my hand away. She frowned her eyebrows, probably still waiting for me to say why I pulled away. However, I didn't! We locked our eyes, she was looking at me intensively. Again, that weird feeling in my stomach, I tried to look at Sarai, and the little girl was just as confused. Come on now!

Sam; Is there something wrong Mon? - why does she keep looking at me that way? -
Mon; N...nothing is wrong Lady Sam! - she rolled her eyes -
Sam; I told you to call me Sam! - I nodded, but she was still not satisfied with my answer - Is there something wrong, Mon?
Mon; everything is fine... Sam! - she smiled after hearing her name but then looked at me all seriously. -
Sam; Then why did you pull your hand away from me? Did you not want to join us for breakfast?
Mon; That's not it! - I sighed -
Sam; Then, what is it? - she got closer to me and my heart started beating fast. What is she doing? I'm telling you, this lady is confusing me - Why aren't you answering... - I interrupted her -
Mon; I would just rather walk on my own! - I said quickly and clearly and that made her back up a little - Thank you for being so nice, Lady Sa..- she interrupted me -
Sam; It's Sam to you Mon, this is the last time I'm reminding you! - Okay, I think my actions have woken up the beast. She's mad. I can see it!
Mon; I'm sorry, Sam! - She sighed and looked at her daughter who was just absorbing everything. Gosh! I just know Sarai will question me later. I know this little lady's head is filled with questions by now.
Sam; Okay, if that's what you want. - I nod my head and she looked at me annoyed. - I think Sarai still wants you to join her for breakfast.
Sarai; Yes, I do! - she finally said something!
Mon; Yes, of course.
Sarai; Mama, put me on the ground. I will walk myself! - Sam did as she asked and Sarai came and held my hand, smiling. Her mother on the other rolled her eyes at me. She started walking and me and Sarai followed her!

The breakfast went smoothly, well, mostly it was me and Sarai who talked. Khum Sam just nodded her head and smiled at her daughter whenever she would talk to her. She didn't look at me much or direct any words to me.
I think she was upset! Again, I'm not quite understanding why?