Part 24

Mon's POV

"MonMon"

I heard someone whispering close to my ears.

I opened my eyes and there I saw those big brown eyes looking at me smiling.

Sweet Sarai.

I smiled in return and opened my arms inviting her for a morning hug. She happily embraced her tiny body on mine.

I took her in like I always do, smelling her hair and her scent that for some reason still reminds me of a baby smell. Soft, fresh, and sweet!

Sarai; MonMon, Mama made some delicious breakfast for us!

I nodded my head, not wanting to let go of her soft hug!

Sam's bed has always been and will always be the most comfortable bed I have ever laid on.
Usually getting up from her bed takes time, especially if she's right there with me.

Today is not so different, just with Sarai.

I don't know when Sam woke up, and I'm surprised she's up so early. Especially after arriving home pretty late yesterday...

I'm trying my best not to make it a big deal but it's hard not to.

It's no news that Sam has been acting differently since this whole mess happened or after she arrived from England.

I'm not sure when because everything happened at the same time...

I'm eager to find out what she's been up to, which I have a feeling it's not something I would be happy about.

Scared it could involve Nita or my past...

However, I don't want to overstep boundaries. Although Sam and I never really set one, besides keeping our relationship from Sarai's vision for obvious reasons. I still feel as if it's common sense we respect each other's space; what I'm confused about is if whatever is going on shall be implied to it?!

I want to confront Sam about it but I'm scared!

I'm scared and upset, because it was so obvious whatever she was up to yesterday did not involve any office work like she mentioned on the phone call...

She got home late but preferred to shower in the guest bathroom rather than her own.
You might see as she didn't want to "disturb our sleep" but for me, it does not make any sense as to why she would do that...

She has showered in her room before while I was sleeping.

That was never a problem before, so why now?

Sarai; MonMon, are you still sleeping?

I looked down and saw her looking at me. I had forgotten I was still cuddling with her...

I smiled and caressed her hair...

Mon; I'm still here sweetheart!

Sarai; good! Mama said she would bring our breakfast upstairs - she smiled excitedly - We are going to have breakfast in bed which is something she's never done before!

I chuckled at her excitement about the breakfast in bed...

Mon; That sounds fun. How about I freshen up first before breakfast arrives?

Sarai; Sure, do you need help getting up?

She sat on the bed ready to help me, though I didn't think that would be possible since her tiny body could barely carry a tray...

Mon; You can hold my hand while I walk to the bathroom. Is that something you think you could do?

She nodded her head and I slowly lifted my body. It was still sore, and the sharp pain was still lingering.