Part 35

Look who's here on a Wednesday lol enjoy your reading 🥰

Mon's POV

Student: Ms. Mon, I need help with my work, please...

I lifted my head and smiled.

Mon: One second, honey. I will be right there with you just let me finish here first.

She nodded. I bent down to continue helping the student I was assisting first!

The rest of the classroom was really quiet focusing on the math work I had just given.
My classroom is usually pretty steady and the students are excellent - can't complain!

When it was time for work everyone would usually be hands-on; they would only request for my help if they really needed it. But I usually like to go around, because I know there are plenty of shy kids who will need my assistance but won't really know how to ask.

Mon: Got it, Li?

He nodded, happily as I had just finished explaining how to solve the problem.

Mon: Good! Continue, I will come again soon to check on you!

I smiled and turned to go assist the other student who had asked me just seconds ago.

She smiled as she saw me going in her direction but before I could reach her I saw Mr. Chin walking in - he had a serious expression.

Chin: Ms. Mon, could I talk to you for a second?

I nodded!

Mon: Lovey, I will talk with Mr. Chin and I will be right back to help you.

I informed the student before turning my back and stepping outside the classroom with Mr. Chin.

Mon: What happened?

I asked once we were outside, and the kids couldn't hear us!

Chin: Ms. Song didn't want to disturb your classroom and tried calling Lady Sam's phone but it seems like she's busy so she asked me to come to you. It seems like Sarai is not feeling too well this afternoon. She threw up a few times and seemed uncomfortable.

Oh God, my heart dropped!

Mon: Where's she?

I asked worried!

Chin: She's at the Nurse's office with Ms. Song, they are waiting for you. It's best you take her home and I already got the Sub- teacher to come and help!

I nodded my head and went back inside the classroom - I started packing my bag as the students looked at me confused.

Mon: Children, I will have to go home due to a family emergency but Mr. Chin will stay with you until the Sub-Teacher arrives. Please continue your work and listen.

I heard some students winning and asking why but is just tried to smile and said my goodbyes.

Once I was out of my classroom I ran out quickly in the halls. My heart was pounding!

I know it's pretty normal for kids to get sick but I just can't help to feel worried for Sarai.

Though the school was huge and it could take a while to get from one end to another, I was really amazed at how quickly I got to the Nurse's office.

As soon as the Nurse Assistant saw me she guided me to the room where Sarai was with her teacher.

My heart broke as I saw her sitting on the tiny hospital cot - her head was down and her teacher was sitting right next to her, caressing her hair.