Study, Study, Study

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lillie Joe's POV

"Lillie Joe!" I heard my mother scream from downstairs.

That was my alarm clock on a school day. My mother's angry voice. My mother screams from her room, which is across the house from my own, so her voice is very quiet and faint. I've learned my lesson for oversleeping, so I am constantly sleeping with one eye open. I shot up out of my bed and started fixing the covers and sheets so she doesn't punish me for being messy.

As soon as a finished, my mom stumbled into my room. She looked around my spotless room to find something to yell at me about, but like I said, my room is spotless. She looks me up and down, then nods.

"Get ready for school, Lillie Joe," She orders calmly.

"Alright," I answer as she nods and leaves.

I sighed in relief and headed into the bathroom. I do my business in there, then head back to my room to go get dressed.

Knowing my mom wouldn't be downstairs since she leaves for work early, I confidently waltzed down the stairs and made myself breakfast. I simply just had cereal since we had nothing else to eat in the house.

After finishing my food, I texted my friend Luna to tell her that I was ready to be picked up. Luna has been my best friend for three years now, and she and her family know of my... situation. They try to be as supportive as they can and try to see keep me out of my house for as long as possible. I will forever be grateful to Luna and her parents. Luna is a couple of inches shorter than me. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her family is wealthy and they are the kindest people I know.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, I finally heard a car honk its horn. Knowing it was Luna and her mom, I grabbed my bookbag and keys, then headed out the door.

I jumped in Luna's mom's tan SUV and greeted everyone.

"Hey, Loons" I side-hugged her, then greeted her mom, "Hey, Mrs. Jacobs!"

"Good morning, Lillie Joe!" She smiled, "How are you?"

"I'm fine. How about yourself?"

"I'm alright," her voice got more serious and quiet, "and... how's your mom?"

I sighed, "She's... difficult."

"Did she do anything this morning?" Luna asked.

"All she did was scream my name from across the house to wake me up. I shot up out of bed to pretend like I'd been cleaning up for a while. She seemed pleased with that, she was pretty calm."

"Well, that's good."

"Mrs. Jacobs?" I called.

"Yes, Lillie Joe?" She answered.

"Can we listen to Green Day?"

"Of course, Mini Billie Joe."

"Stop calling me that." I blushed.

"You look exactly like him," Luna and her mom said in unison.

I silently looked out the window as 21 Guns played and muttered to me, "No I don't."

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
"Alright, girls have a nice day!" Mrs. Jacobs said.

"Bye!" Luna and I called to her while exiting the car.

We were in the middle of our seventh-grade school year. Well, technically not the middle of it, we're almost finished with the year. We only have one full month left, then half of June.