School; Meeting Mike and Tré

Lillie Joe's POV

Monday, May 27, 2013

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder lightly and whispering my name. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom smiling down at me. She said something but I couldn't understand her because I was still half asleep. I tore my gaze from her and looked at my curtains. It was shining with light, meaning it was daytime.

I closed my eyes and dozed off again, completely forgetting my mom was in the room. I heard her chuckle and felt her shake me again.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled, "why does this family love waking me up so early in the morning?"

"Because it's time for school," Mom said and kissed my head, "you have 30 minutes to get ready, and don't you even think about going back to sleep."

I sighed loudly and dramatically then called out to her, "Mom, wait! Am i still going to the same school, or am i going to Joey and Jacob's school?"

"You're going to the school you went to when you found your father."

I smiled then got up and got ready. She left the room so I could get privacy. I put on one of the shirts Mom bought me and a pair of ripped jeans. I brushed my hair into a high ponytail and went downstairs to make myself a bowl of cereal since I had time to spare.

I moved to sit on the couch so I could watch TV while I ate. Dad, Joey, and Jacob came rushing down the stairs. They all said good morning to me as Dad rushed to get Jacob's jacket and bookbag on him.

"Late?" I asked, chuckling.

"Yes, meaning we don't have time to be judged by you," Dad joked while pushing Joey and Jacob out the door and closing it behind him.

Five minutes later, Dad returned home, out of breath. He sluggishly collapsed on the couch next to me. I set down my bowl and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"You alright, Dad?" I asked, hugging him.

"Yeah, I'm fine Lillie," he smiled and kissed my head, "we should probably get you to school, too."

"But, I have 10 minutes to spare!" I broke from our hug

"And we live 15 minutes away from the school, so get your things and meet me in the car."

He stood up, once again and left the house. I grabbed my bookbag and my lunchbox, turned off the television, yelled up the stairs to say bye to Mom, then left the house and entered Dad's car.

"You got all your things?" He asked, "You're not leaving anything?"

I double-checked my bag, "Yep, all my things are here."

He nodded, pulled off, and fifteen minutes later, arrived at my school, "Adrienne is gonna pick you guys up after school. I'll be at the studio with Mike and Tré. If you want, you can ask her to bring you to us."

"Alright, I will." I opened the door to leave, "Bye, Dad!"

"Have a good day, Lillie Joe!"

I smiled and closed the door. Before Dad left the parking lot, he honked his horn twice at me, making me giggle. I entered the school and went to my locker to grab my school supplies.

When I turned around, I immediately spotted Matthew and Luna who seemed to be searching for something. Matthew looked in my direction, and when he saw me, his eyes widened. He grabbed Luna's arm and they both sprinted toward me with their arms stretched out like they wanted to hug me.

"Lillie Joe!" They called out in unison.

I smiled as they finally reached me, almost knocking me over as they crushed me in a hug. We caught up with each other and I answered all the questions Matthew had about my mom. Finally, the bell rang, and Matthew and I separated from Luna to go to our class.