Ash-Lynn and Luna's talk

Ash-Lynn's POV

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I am sick of Luna treating Lillie Joe like this. Lillie told me Luna keeps glaring at her, then ignores her whenever Lillie Joe tries to speak to her. I'm not gonna let her be a bitch to my girlfriend just because she can't control who she likes.

Luna stood by her locker, fidgeting with the combination lock as she heard my footsteps approaching. She looked up to find me standing in front of her, a stern expression on her face.

"So, Luna," I said while crossing my arms, "we need to talk."

"What do you want, Ash-Lynn?" Luna asked while sighing.

"I want to know why you've been unfriending Lillie Joe on social media, avoiding her during school, and sending her glares whenever you cross paths."

"Isn't it obvious?" Luna asked and when she saw my clueless expression, she rolled her eyes, "Your girlfriend broke my heart, Ash-Lynn. She knew how much I cared about her, and yet she started dating you."

"Look, Luna, I get that you're hurt, but that doesn't give you the right to treat Lillie Joe this way," I defended Lillie Joe, "She made her own choice, and she's happy with me."

"Happy? Seriously? She's dating the person who constantly bullied me, Ash-Lynn! How can I just be okay with that?"

"Oh, here we go again," I said while narrowing my eyes, "Blaming me for everything. You know, Luna, you never really liked me just as much as I never liked you. But Lillie Joe cares about both of us, and it's not fair to make her choose sides."

"I'm not making her choose sides!" Luna raised her voice, frustrated, "I'm just trying to protect myself from the person who has made my life miserable for so long. I thought Lillie Joe understood that."

"Yeah, you're always the victim, aren't you?" I said sarcastically, "Look, Luna, I'm not saying you have to like me, but you need to stop taking out your bitterness on Lillie Joe. It's not fair to her, and it's not fair for you to think you can control who she loves."

Luna's voice trembled, "I'm not trying to control her, Ash-Lynn. I just want her to see how much you've hurt me, and I thought maybe she would realize that."

I softened my tone, "Luna, I understand that you're hurting, but punishing Lillie Joe won't solve anything. You need to find a way to move on and let go of this grudge. It's not healthy for anyone involved."

"Maybe you're right," she sniffed "It's just hard to see her with someone who has caused me so much pain, you know?"

I nodded, "I can't change the past, Luna, but I hope we can find a way to coexist. Lillie Joe cares about both of us, and I don't want to see her caught in the middle of our issues."

She wiped away her tears, "I'll try, Ash-Lynn. For both of your sakes."

I offered a small smile, "Thank you, Luna. I appreciate that. Let's all try to move forward, okay?"

She nodded, "Okay. I'll do my best."

As the conversation ended, we both knew there was still a long way to go before we could truly put our differences aside. However, we also understood that for Lillie Joe's sake, we would have to find a way to coexist and let go of the past.

WORDS: 575