Regina

Lillie Joe's POV

Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Lillie Joe, wake up," a voice whispered.

"Go away," I mumbled without opening my eyes.

The voice giggled, "No. Wake up, please. I don't want to have Joey jump on your bed."

I finally recognized the voice, "Jacob?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"What's wrong? What do you need?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Joey and I want to spend the day with you."

"Right now? It's like 5 am!"

"4:37 am, actually, and yes. Right now."

"Why?" I whined.

"Because Joey hasn't seen you since he was eight and I never met you and I want to get to know you."

"Ugh. Fine. Give me 10 minutes to get ready."

"Yes!" Jacob cheered quietly.

He ran from my room to Joey's room, informing him that I agreed to hang out with them. I stood up and stretched, then went to my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. I returned to my room and fished through my new clothes to find a nice outfit. (OUTFIT UP TOP). After I finished I approached Joey's door and knocked on it. He opened it and smiled once he saw me.

"Hey, Lillie," he greeted, "you look nice. Are you ready?"

"Ready for what? I don't even know where we're going!" I told him, "Do Mom and Dad even know we're leaving this early?"

Joey and Jacob, who appeared out of nowhere, gave each other a look and nodded at me. Although I am suspicious of them, I can't pretend like I'm upset they woke me up to sneak out with them.

I rolled my eyes playfully and said, "Let's go then. How will we get to wherever we're going?"

"Dad bought me a car a couple of weeks ago," Joey informed me as he led us outside and to the garage.

"Wouldn't opening that garage door be noisy?" I asked.

"Yes, which is why you and Jacob will be lifting the garage door by hand, and I will quietly drive outside."

"But we're too short to lift it high enough for the roof of the car to make it through!" argued Jacob.

Joey thought for a moment, "Which means you'll drive, Jacob."

"What? No! I don't know how to drive!"

"I'll show you want to do, okay? I'll show you what pedals to step on, then Lillie Joe and I will lift the door. You'll be fine."

"But-"

Before Jacob could argue any further, Joey was already dragging him to his car. He opened the door and shoved Jacob inside and started instructing him on what buttons and pedals to press and when to go and stop. Once Jacob said he understood, Joey ran further into the garage and grabbed a step stool for me.

"Here you go, shorty," he teased.

"Shut up," I growled and stood on it.

Joey counted down from three and we lifted the door at the same time once he said 'Go'. Once the door was open enough, Jacob began driving out of the garage and stopped right outside the garage door. Joey and I slowly and quietly moved the door closer and closer to the ground, then Joey ran to the driver's side of his car while Jacob got into the backseat. I climbed into the passenger's side and Joey pulled off.