Escape

Lillie Joe's POV

I, along with Luna and Ash-Lynn, enter the waiting room. We all met face-to-face with our parents. That's when I felt true fear. While Luna and Ash-Lynn's parents looked very worried, my mom tried to murder me with her glare.

I was about to walk over to her but the principal called us and our parents into her office. We all sat down as our principal introduced herself and explained why she called all of us here.

"Apparently there was an... issue in the hallway which caused Lillie Joe to curse out Ash-Lynn. Will someone please explain?"

"I will." Ash-Lynn offered, "I heard Luna speaking about me and calling me a problem. I hurt her by calling her a faggot and that angered Lillie Joe. I tried to apologize but she walked off."

Ash-Lynn's parents and Luna's gasped while my mom kept her glare on me. I gulped and melted in my seat.

The principal began stating our punishments, "Luna, I'm very sorry about this. You may go back to class unless your parents want to take you home. Ash-Lynn, your actions today will not go unpunished. You're suspended for a week and you will not be attending the event tomorrow night. And, lastly, Lillie Joe. Although I am proud of you for sticking up for your classmate, there were different ways you could've handled the situation. I'm dismissing you for the rest of the day, but you are still allowed to attend the event tomorrow night. Alright, that's all. Have a good rest of your day."

My mom harshly grabbed my arm and rushed me out of the school. No one noticed. She shoved me into the car and started speeding off to our house.

"Mom, I'm sorry-" I tried to apologize but was interrupted.

"Don't make me angrier," she said then went back to silence.

I cried silently since I knew what was coming once I entered the house. 2 minutes later, we finally made it, and my mom hopped out of the car and entered the house.

I followed slowly and entered the house. I tried to rush up the stairs but was stopped by a hand grabbing my arm.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!"

××××××××××××××××××××
𝒯ℛℐ𝒢𝒢ℰℛ𝒮 ℛℰℳ𝒪𝒱ℰ𝒟
××××××××××××××××××××

"Now get the fuck out of my sight!" She screamed at me while shoving me into a wall.

I lay on the ground for a while until I finally got the strength to crawl up the stairs. I grabbed the banister to try to get myself back onto my feet and walk up the stairs. I was limping and holding my aching ribs. She was angry because my actions caused her to be pulled from her job and interrupted the good day she was having. Entering my room, I slowly rested my body on my bed. I cried silently until I had no more tears to cry. I stayed still staring at my ceiling until my phone rang. Luna was calling me.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Oh. Were you sleeping?" She asked, "I'm sorry, I'll let you sleep now."

"No, no, I wasn't asleep. Do you need something?"

"I just called to check in on you and... apologize. I saw how your mom dragged you out of the school and immediately knew you were in trouble. If you need a place to stay for a while, my parents and I are on our way. And I'm sorry for saying I don't want to be your friend anymore, I was just..."

"Just what?"

"I don't know. I was mad- angry, even. This is all my fault. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Luna. Listen, I'm gonna start packing to spend a couple of nights at your place. Text me when you get here. Okay?"