Home

Lillie Joe's POV

Friday, May 24, 2013

I woke up in a room that wasn't my bedroom or Luna's guest room. This room had white walls and I was laying on a queen-sized bed. This room looked like it belonged to an adult. I stopped looking around the room once I smelled pancakes. I followed the sound and ended up in the kitchen. Dad was at the stove flipping pancakes. I hugged him from behind and peeked around him.

He chuckled, "Hi, Lillie."

"Hey, Dad. That for me?"

"Yeah, we're gonna have a breakfast date in the living room while watching TV since Adrienne isn't here to tell us not to."

I laughed, "I like that idea. I'm gonna go brush my teeth and take a shower. Do you have an extra toothbrush?"

"You can check the top shelf of the closet in my bathroom."

"Okay. Oh, and speaking of Adrienne- I mean Mom, where is she?"

"She and your brothers were spending a couple of nights with her mom. They'll be home later today."

"I have brothers?"

"Yeah, Joey and Jacob. Joey is your older brother and Jacob is your younger one."

"Oh."

"Joey hasn't been the same since you disappeared, y'know? He was so bent on protecting you... he still thinks he failed."

"How old was he when I left?

"He was eight. He's sixteen now. He has so many pictures of you in a box in his room. He makes you a card every year for your birthday. It always makes me feel so guilty."

"Dad..."

"And Jacob hasn't even met you yet. We had him three years after you were born. He's... ten years old?"

I chuckled, "You don't know?"

"I forgot!" He laughed, "Jacob is so mature for his age. We always forget he's the youngest. He could easily pass as the oldest."

"I can't wait to see Joey again. How do you think he'll react?"

"He'll probably cry or something. When I took you on tour, he called you every single day. You guys talked for hours. He kept you company while you were backstage watching me perform with Mike and Tré. Anyways, pancakes are done."

"Oh. Alright, well I'll go get cleaned up, then."

"Hurry back before your food gets cold."

"Okay, Dad," I hugged him one last time then ran back upstairs.
*****************************
Dad and I were currently sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob while eating breakfast. Well, I was the only one watching it, Dad was watching me.

I turned to him and asked, "Why are you watching me, creep?"

He chuckled and sighed, "I just can't believe your here. I can't believe I lost you in the first place."

"Dad, forget about that. You saved me, okay? I will never forget that. You're my hero."

"I can't be your hero, Lillie. I was the one who put you in danger in the first place, and-"

"And you saved me! I will forever love you for that."

"You- you love me?" He asked with his smile growing.

"Yes, Dad," I set my food down, scooted closer to him, then hugged him.

"Lillie Joe, I-" Dad was cut off by his phone ringing.