Say Goodbye to the Ones that you Love

Lillie Joe's POV

I gasped and almost collapsed at the sight of myself on the ground, bleeding profusely.

"What...," I muttered to myself, then started screaming, "No! No! NO!"

I started, uncontrollably, sobbing and looked at Dad. He had tears running down his face and he shook me- well, what used to be me. When he realized I was deceased, he brought my body up to him and cried. When I tried to hug him, I just fell right through him.

"Dad, no!" I screamed and tried to hug him again, "Please, no, no..."

Mike was talking to the people who came with the ambulance that had just arrived and Tré was trying to pull Dad away from my body. Dad was fighting Tré but eventually let go so I could be put in the ambulance. He tried to get into the ambulance with me, but Mike pulled him into his car with Tré. I guess they were going to the hospital on their own.

I was about to follow them, but I could see Mom, from the corner of my eye, in the window. She was also sobbing. I looked back and forth between the direction of where Dad, Mike, and Tré went and where Mom was standing and decided to stay with Mom. I ran to my porch and tried to open the door, but my hand just went through it.

I sighed, sadly, and began walking to Mom. I was about to go and comfort her, but Joey was there and doing it for me.

"Mommy?" I heard Jacob's voice call from the stairs, "Where's Lillie Joe?"

"Lillie's at the doctor, baby," her voice cracked while she spoke.

"She doesn't like to be just called Lillie, y'know? She wants to be called Lillie Joe. I'll have her tell you that when she comes back home. When is she coming back?"

I heard Mom stifle a sob after he asked the question. Joey rubbed Mom's back, then walked over to Jacob. He bent down to his level and said, softly, "I need you to go to our room, alright? Mom's not feeling well and I don't want you to see her like this. Wait for me in our room and I'll tell you everything, I promise. Okay?"

Jacob nodded and went to his and Joey's room. I realized Joey's got everything under control here, so i decided to try and find Dad. I walked through the front door and started walking to the hospital. As I moved everything seemed to be going slower. My footsteps were much louder and had an echo, everything was slow and muffled, and it seemed...warmer.

"Where are you going, Lillie Joe?" I heard a voice ask from behind me.

I squealed in surprise and turned around to find no one behind me. I began walking backward, for some reason, then when i turned around, a man in a trench coat was staring at me. He was tall with short, dark hair, blue eyes, and a serious expression.

"Who are you?!" I asked, backing away in fear.

He put his hand out like he was approaching a wild animal, "Don't be afraid. My name is Castiel, and I am an angel. I'm here to take you to heaven."

I gasped and stuttered, "B-but my family! I just got them back! I can't leave them again- Castiel, please don't make me leave them."

"I apologize, Lillie Joe. But it is not my choice. We have to go."

He began walking off.

"Wait! Can-can I at least say goodbye to everyone? Say goodbye to the ones I love?"

He sighed then smiled, "Where to?"

I pointed to my house, "Here. My brothers and mom are here. I assume my Dad and Uncles are on their way back as we speak."

"Let's go, then. There's no rush."

"Thank you, Castiel. Thank you."

I ran back to my house. I saw Joey sleeping on the couch with a pool of tears under his face. He must've cried himself to sleep. I assume he didn't talk to Jacob as he promised.