Chapter 5: Potions With Snape

The Slytherin Head of House, Professor Severus Snape, had aggressively handed Harry his schedule, while sneering down at him. The man didn't make a remark that Harry could hear but he was sure the man disliked him due to him being the only person he treated like the way he did. Harry knew the man would become a problem. Harry looked at his schedule.

Breakfast is at 7:30 am till 8:50 am.
Lunch is at 11:45 am till 12:45 pm.
Dinner is at 7:35 pm till 8:35 pm.
While there is no set 'Lights Out', I have the student in bed by 10:00 pm.

MONDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Potions
Class 2: 9:55 am till 11:35 am: Defense Against The Dark Arts
12:55 pm till 1:40 pm: Free Period
Class 3: 1:50 pm till 2:35 pm: History of Magic
2:45 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

TUESDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Charms
9:55 am till 10:40 am: Free Time
Class 2: 10:50 am till 11:35 am: Defense Against the Dark Arts
12:55 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

WEDNESDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Potions
9:55 am till 11:35 am: Free Time
Class 2: 12:55 pm till 1:40 pm: Transfiguration
1:50 pm till 3:30 pm: Free Time
Class 3: 3:40 pm till 4:25 pm: Flying
4:35 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

THURSDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Charms
9:55 am till 11:35 am: Free Time
Class 2: 12:55 pm till 1:40 pm: Magical Theory
1:50 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

FRIDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Potions
Class 2: 9:55 am till 10:40 am: Potions
Class 3: 10:50 am till 11:35 am: Herbology
12:55 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time
Class 4: 12:10 am till 12:55 am: Astronomy

SATURDAY
Quidditch Game: 2:45 pm till end of game.

SUNDAY
Free Day

Harry was happy to get in his classes. He would finality discover his magic capabilities. He finished his breakfast talking to Theo. He looked over his shoulder. It was the girl that was cold to him the day before. He wanted to introduce himself.

Harry greeted, "Hi."

She looked up and looked at him with an emotionless and blank stare. Harry was slightly intimidated by her, but refused to show it.

"What do you want?" She spat like he had do something personal to him.

"There's no need to be an rude, I have not done anything to you." Harry tried to be respectful.

"You're a Potter, you don't belong in Slytherin, nor are you welcomed."

"Come on, Greengrass, that's unnecessary. Harry, stop talking to her." Theo jumped in.

Dumbledore announced that it was time for the first class of the day. Harry stood up and walked out with Theo Nott. They chattered until they made it to the dungeons. Harry sat with other boy. Right next to the loud obnoxious boy from the train. Harry looked over to see Ron shaking his head at him.

"What?" Harry asked.

"You're a filthy snake, Harry, you should ask for a resorting." Ron said.

Harry stared at him. He went to answer but the door slammed opened. Professor Snape walked in. His long black robe that was neatly wrapped around his body. Greasy long black hair and pale skin. Black that bore into people bodies.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving in this classroom. I am Professor Snape and you will not be foolish or stupid in my class. This is potions, not your other dumb classes." Snape said and moved to the front of the class, in front of a blackboard. "You, of course, are here to learn the art of potion making. As I can teach you how to brew fame, glory, or even put a stopper in death. But first attendance."

Snape had started to list off names. Stopped at certain points to look at certain students with pride, anger, or disgust.

"Harry Potter... our new celebrity. Ah... tell me, Mr. Potter, what would I get if I added powered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape challenged.

Harry shrunk, "I don't know, sir."

Harry failed to notice that Hermione Granger was practically jumping out her seat.

"Hmm, let's try again, where can I find a bezoar?"

"I don't know," Harry was feeling uncomfortable and slightly agitated, he covered that up with a blank mask.

"Never opened a book before, eh? What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Snape smirked, knowing the boy didn't know.

"I have no idea, Professor," Harry's eye twitched.

"Hmm, clearly fame isn't everything." Snape drawled. "For the first question, you get a Draught of Living Death; a sleeping potion so strong it puts the person in a death like trance. For the second question, a bezoar is found in the stomach of a goat. For the last question, they are the same plant, which is called aconite."

Snape looked around. Sneering at all the staring faces.

"Well, why aren't you writing this down!" Snape snapped.

Harry, then, grew a massive distaste for potions and it only grew worst when Snape saw his potion.