Chapter 16: The Unknown Falls of Friendship

Malfoy and Potter stared at each other with animosity boiling in the air. The glares clashed against each other, drawling the attention of other Slytherins who were entering or were already there. They could feel it. They crowded around the Boy-Who-Lived and the Malfoy scion.

"Potter, what are you going to do?" Malfoy taunted.

"You, Malfoy, are not worth my time." Harry tried to turn away. When he was hit in the back with a spell.

Harry fell to the ground while people gasped. Out of the corner of Harry's eyes, he saw a kid move one of the sofas out of the way. It was clear: they wanted a duel. This was one thing Harry would be giving them. Plus, this could be an opportunity for the Slytherin house to begin to respect him. Harry stood up.

"Coward, are you Potter?" Malfoy smirked. "Your parents would be disappointed."

Harry hissed involuntarily, "you want a fight, you got it."

That startled a lot of people. In the crowd, Harry saw his only two Slytherin friends, Blaise and Theo. They looked like the would be cheering him on. That gave him a little boost of confidence. Next to them was the same blond, icy girl from first year. Harry, of course, had classes with her but he never seemed to remember her name. She looked mildly disinterested. However, if Harry felt that was merely a mask. Maybe, he'd tried to talked to her after the duel he was about to have.

"Rictusempra." Harry said.

Malfoy dodged. Harry was surprised, he had no idea Malfoy was capable of that.

"Those are baby spells, Potter. Here's a real spell: Expelliarmus!" Malfoy yelled out.

Normally, a second-year wouldn't know that spell.

"Protego." a shield came up to protect Harry.

Malfoy looked pleasantly shocked, as did the crowd. That wasn't a second-year spell. Harry sent a Petrifius Totalus.

It was sad. The duel was cut short when Malfoy failed to dodge the full-body bind spell.

Harry shook his head in mock disappointment, "My, my, Malfoy, it seems you've failed to beat me, a little old half-blood."

The Slytherins were shocked. The second year that they all ignored, beat a pureblood. Harry spread his hands.

"There you have it friends, My first duel. Now, I believe we have classes to go to." he smiled.

When Harry was walking to dinner in the great hall, he was pulled aside from his trip and pulled into an empty bathroom. When Harry finally fixed himself, he got a view of his two Gryffindor friends. They looked scared and they both had a slight hatred.

"When were you going to tell us you were a parselmouth?" Ron huffed.

"I didn't know," Harry said. "I swear."

"Right... You know what it is?" Hermione asked, suspiciously.

"I can read, Hermione." Harry tried to joke, however, it came out harsh.

"I... don't think we can be friends." Hermione looked down.

"What?"

"We don't want to be friends with the likes of you." Ron snarked.

"I'm not the Heir of Slytherin if this is what this is about." Harry tried.

"Who else could it be?"

Harry was blank. He knew it wasn't Malfoy. He would have been bragging way too much about it.

At first, he was sad. Then he felt anger as a secondary emotion.

"Fine then, you're not worth my time anyway." Harry gritted and turned away.

Hermione—Granger—called after him. But to be frank, Harry didn't care. He had no idea what he had done.

"Screw them, I don't need them. I have my Slytherin friends, right?" Harry hissed.

His scar glowed red for a second.