Chapter 9: Research

Harry was in the library with a book placed in front of him. A lot of hard work was put into finding the book. Harry was alone in the library. Hagrid had leaked some information about what was hidden in the room. Harry had figured that the half-giant would know what the animal was, perhaps, know how to get passed it. Of course, Hagrid would give more information than what was needed. That's how Harry got information that was required to discover what was in that room.

Harry got a book on Nicolas Flamel, the only known creator of the Philosopher Stone. Harry was interested in the stone. It could turn anything to gold and it could make to possessor to become immortal. That's what the book said. Harry heard the sit in front of him creak. Harry looked up. Granger from the train sat there.

"Hello, Harry." She greeted.

"Hi."

Harry closed his book and grabbed the other. This one was on Cerberus. As Hagrid had explained what the animal was when Harry was talking to him.

" What are you reading?" She asked, curiously.

"None of your business." Harry said, distractedly.

Granger looked dejected like she had been slapped. Not that Harry cared so much. For all he knew, she was this obnoxious know it all. He wasn't looking for a friend like that.

"I'm sorry." Harry looked up. "I'm just really focused on the thing I'm researching."

"Maybe I could help?" Granger eyes filled with hope.

"No, I do not think it would be wise to do that."

Granger stood up and walked away, huffing. Harry continued to read.