Chapter 8: Dumbledore's Meeting

Dumbledore wasn't foolish. He knew something was wrong with Quirrell. The reason he had hired the stuttering fool was to test Harry. He needed the boy to confront Quirrell so Dumbledore could confirm that Harry Potter would be able to kill Voldemort when he was powerful enough. He had this massive plan for Harry. He was supposed to go to Gryffindor and befriend Ron Weasley and a muggle-born, Hermione Granger. Harry would've turned to him. So, when Harry was caught with the troll, Dumbledore smiled, discreetly. Maybe, there was still a chance to fix his plan.

"Harry, what were you doing outside of the Great Hall?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"Originally, I was heading to my common room before I was feeling a little down," Harry responded.

"Ah... I know, my boy. You miss your parents. I would too, it is a shame that you have to suffer all this just to live your life." Dumbledore frowned.

Dumbledore wasn't evil. He never wanted any child to suffer through what Harry had. He could he would put it all on himself, not that he wanted the fame or power, just to save the boy from the pressure. But alas, life doesn't give people what they want.

"Are you feeling good in Slytherin, my boy?"

"Yes, Professor." Harry nodded.

Dumbledore nodded. The boy wouldn't be willing to get a resort. He had to want it for the resort to happen.

"Got any friends?"

"A few." Harry said, "Am I done here?"

Dumbledore nodded. "I suppose you could go."

He watched as Harry stood up and walked away. Dumbledore turned to Fawkes as soon as Harry left.

"I don't know what to do anymore. My plan is failing." Dumbledore said, "I just remembered, he cannot go back Gringotts."

Fawkes just sang his song, in peace and warmth. Dumbledore hummed along.

Harry stood in the corridor by himself, which might have been foolish, waiting for Malfoy to show up. After a said of five minutes, Harry heard the sound of a cat. Mrs. Norris.

Harry turned around, spotted a door, and tried to open it. It was locked. Thinking quickly, he cast an Alohomora. The door clicked and Harry pushed it open.

Closing the door behind them, he spotted a large animal. It had three heads, it was fluffy, and had a long body with four paws. Harry knew it was some sort of dog, but he couldn't remember the name. Harry tried to be as quiet as he could be.

Harry looked down. A trap door was under one of the paws of the dog. There was no way that he was going to get in. Harry placed his ear to the door.

Mr. Filch's voice was muffled, "Let's go, Mrs. Norris, the boy was lying to me."

Flich's footsteps went away softly. Harry left the room, without a single problem. He definitely, was going to revisit the room.