Chapter 14: Polyjoice Potion

Harry walked the halls lonely as ever. After the little spectacle in the dueling club, he had been alienated. Harry always wanted friends, but now he had none. Hermione and Ron ceased all talks with Harry, Blaise, and Theo, well they were always busy. They still talked with Harry. However, most of the Slytherin House tried to be nice after that incident, but after Harry confirmed he didn't do it a hundred times, they returned to sneering and making disgusting comments. So, Harry was alone.

On top of the false rumors, Harry heard a snake hissing, repeating: "Kill, kill, kill" and "I will eat you". Harry followed the sound to the best of his ability but always got lost. These always happened at night, when Harry got a detention with Lockhart. They were dreadful. He had to sign posters and other types of fan mail. Harry hated fame and anything to do with it. Harry knew he should tell someone of the voices in his head. And Harry thought of Dumbledore but that idea was shot down. Dumbledore would probably never like him again. After all, the professor was the embodiment of good in most people's eyes. Harry couldn't go to Snape, for obvious reasons. He didn't trust any other professors.

Harry made it to the library for some research. He went to the farthest table away from the other students to avoid the glares of frightened muggleborns. Harry set his things down and searched for the book on hissing noises.

In the corridor, Ron and Hermione stood in front of a wall. They were bickering in the forms of Crabbe and Goyle. After luring them into an empty corridor with drugged cupcakes, they stuffed their unconscious bodies in a small broom closet. They plucked one hair from each of the bodies and shut the door, running away. They went to the second-floor girls' bathroom. Inside the bathroom, there was a bubbling cauldron.

"The poly juice potion is complete now to put the hair in and drink," Hermione said.

"Should we have consulted Harry about this, Hermione? I mean, he could have made this easier." Ron scratched the back of his neck.

"No, that's why we're doing this. They make sure that he isn't the heir of Slytherin, and if he isn't, who is." Hermione replied, "Now drink."

Hermione held up a cup with the dropped hair inside. Ron grimaced. He couldn't imagine it tasting too good. Nevertheless, he took a sip and gagged. Hermione had been the tougher of the two, swallowing it whole and then grimacing. 

"You got to finish it, Ron," Hermione said. 

Ron took a deep breath, plugged his nose, and chugged it.  Ron finished it, with a burning stomach, wanting to vomit it all up and it was surprising that he was able to keep it down. When Ron looked at Hermione. He saw that she was no longer a girl. In her place sat a large, tall, Slytherin boy. Goyle. Ron started to feel his body warp to the hair in the potion. He felt taller, thicker. He got up and looked in the mirror. He was Crabbe. 

"Hermione!" Ron exclaimed. 

"We get it, you're different. We only have an hour before this wears off. And fix your voice." 

(I know this took forever, but I couldn't find myself to write something and I will not lie and say I'll try to be more consistent because we all know, I won't.)