Chapter 9

Recap :)

The trio walked away and I without wasting any time I also ran to change my shirt and went back to my classroom.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Joshua's pov:

I entered the classroom and saw Stacey giving me a small smile I smiled back. Then I saw Grace already staring at me. She glanced at my changed shirt, then me and smirked.
I avoided eye contact with her and went to my bench and sat on it.

It's our chemistry period and Mr. White came and started teaching us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time skip:

Finally, after all the periods ended the bell rang and it's time to go home yay! The students rushed out of the door hastily. I also packed my stuff and slung my bag on my shoulder.

I was walking out of the class Mr. Snow our physics teacher who took our last period asked me to help him.

"Mr. Williams can you help me in putting these charts in my office?" he asked.

"Yes, of course sir." I said and took half number of the charts from his hands.

He nodded and started walking ahead of me and I started following him. After turning few hallways we reached his office he unlocked the door and entered inside inviting me in. I also entered and put the charts on his desk after him.

"Thank you, child." Mr. Snow beamed at me.

"It's my pleasure sir." I replied and after greeting him left his office.

Walking in hallways I saw the whole corridors are empty now there is no one left in the school.

How much time it took me to put charts in the office?

I kept walking and came out of he school building. I turned my gaze and saw there were some students left in the basketball court practicing for the upcoming match. I went near the court and stood there for few minutes watching the tossing of ball here and there.

As I was walking past the court the smell of smoke hit my nose strongly. I walked few more steps and the smell got stronger. And on a few distance I saw smoke was coming from behind the tree which was near the wall of the basket ball court.

Who is smoking at the school premises?

And even public place!

Such shameless peoples!

I strode towards the tree in slight anger and just as I turned around the tree to see who they was I saw Grace was standing with support of the wall and Candice was standing with her back on the tree, facing each other they both were smoking.

Smoking?

As in smoking?

It's not good for health!

I strode towards Grace in rage and snatched the cigarette butt from between of her fingers and threw it on the ground and crushed it with my shoe.

Serves you right.

I raised my head to see her expression but she was staring at me without any expression. She didn't even said anything to me.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING IDIOT?" Candice shouted from behind me.

"Can't you see?" I said while gritting my teeth.

"Why you threw it you dumbass?" she spat.

"Because smoking is injurious to health." I said very seriously still not wavering my gaze from Grace.

"Oh God thank you for your advice now fuck off." she again said and came infront of me beside Grace.

"Smoking will take you no where." I said to Grace.

"We don't want to go anywhere." Candice again interrupted.

"Why you have to speak always, I'm talking to her she can answer me." I snarled.

"Listen---" Candice again started but was cut off by Grace.

"Stay away." Grace said in a very calm and deadly voice.

"I will but stop doing these things." I said frowning.

"What things?" she asked folding her arms on her chest.

"To pretend that you are a bitch because I know you are not." I sneered.

She took few steps towards me and came closer to me. She was few inches away from touching me. With her short height from me she's is coming till my shoulder and glaring at me like I will get scared.

Cute!

I know I should be scared of her after hearing what she did to them who annoys her but I'm not scared.

"I'm a bitch you know nothing about me." she spat.

"So tell me everything about you." I said and I smiled.

She clenched her jaw because of seeing me smile at this serious moment but she controlled her rage and said "See Josh you are a good guy and I don't want to hurt you so stay away."

"So you even gave me a nickname." I said ignoring her other words she said while widening my smile.

Candice standing behind her giving a sign to run away but why would I? I'm enjoying it to get on Grace's nerves. I know she is just a string away from snapping my neck and I'm gonna break that string also.

"YOU WANNA DIE DON'T TAKE MY SILENCE AS MY WEAKNESS AND FUCK OFF." she shouted at my face.

"But just now you said you don't wanna hurt me." I kept irritating her.

"You son----" she again started but before it my phone rang. I fished my hand in the back pocket of my pants and took my phone out and saw the screen. It was my mum. I received it gesturing Grace to stop for 2 minutes.

~Me: Hello.

~Mom: Hello baby boy where are you?

~Me: I'm at the school with my friend.

~Mom: Okay I'm going out so just called inform you.

~Me: Okay I get it. Bye I love you.

~Mom: Byy I love you too.

( I hung up the call and put my phone in my front pocket of my pants.)

"Who was it?" Grace asked glaring at me.

"Why are you jealous?" I said and smirked.

"Shut up and I'm not your friend." she spat.

"Oh so you are my girlfriend?" I asked tauntingly.

Her eyes darkened and she stared at me blankly. She didn't even reply of my question.

Did I ask something wrong?

Does she have a boyfriend?

No! She can't.

But why do I care? It's not my concern.

Without saying anything she walked past me bumping into my shoulder. Candice also started following her after giving me a glare.

I turned around and saw they both walked out of the school main gates and disappeared from my sight. I sighed and put my hands in my pockets.

Did I said something wrong?

****************************

Okay so now I'm updating the chapters almost daily because now I'm getting interested in writing it. And I have many ideas in my mind. If you also have any idea for the book you can dm me on my instagram @amiablyyy_ and can tell your idea I'll surely try to add it in my book. With love❤.

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤