Chapter 27

Joshua's pov:

I was walking to my school thinking about yesterday's moments I spent with Grace. I know they were not perfect but they give an odd satisfaction. Without her my life is nothing but only boring. If she was not here with me then what would I did? Go to school, meet Brandon and Candice, had lunch with Stacey and others and come back to home.

Anything interesting?

No!

But that she is here she fights with me, gets mad at me, she beats people and always run to protect them then she again fights with me, me always irritating her and stopping her from smoking and not to miss her little possessiveness over me.

Which she showed yesterday.

She is insane.

I think I started liking her.

And now because of her I'm losing my sanity.

I also love it a lot when among the students of the whole school she is possessive over me. Atleast I'm something to her. Maybe a friend?

As I was walking I saw the same rose plant which I saw that day and a little boy was trying to pluck a red rose for her friend.

I remembered his words:
"Yeah mommy said if you like a giwl you should treat her like a gentleman."

I also like Grace there is no doubt in that. Should I gave her the rose. Will she like it? What if she misunderstood me? Or even worst beat the shit out of me!

No no she'll not.

I put my thoughts aside and decided to get her a rose. I raise my hand and pluck the beautiful rose with soft petals. It reminds me of her.

'How to protect herself she always put her guards up like rose thrones so the inner child of her like rose petals don't get hurt.'

I adore the rose and gently hold it so it won't get damage and started walking on my way to the school. I entered the main gate and started looking for Grace. But she and Candice was no where to seen. I saw Brandon and asked him "Hey did you saw Grace and Candice?"

"Yeah few minutes ago Candice was with me but then she said they both have some personal work to do." he shrugged.

Personal work?

I know what it is!

I head straight to the tree near the wall where they always smoke. I went there and saw Grace and Candice smoking when I went more near to them Grace saw me, she caught off guard and tried to hide the cigarette but she knew there is no way of hiding now. So she just stood here staring at me.

At least she is trying that I don't know she still smokes.

Cute!

I went near her and she keep staring at me I took the cigarette from her fingers and smiled at her.

"I saw it." I teased her.

She nodded her head not knowing what to reply. I give that cigarette butt to Candice and said "Can you give us some privacy?"

"What? Why?" she asked confused.

"Candice go." Grace nodded her head in approval.

"Okay fine." Candice walked away crushing both the cigarette on the floor.

I again moved my gaze to Grace and she was already staring at me. I raise my other hand with rose infront of her and said "This is for you?"

She watch me confused and ask "For me?"

I nodded my head in yes and beamed at her. "But why for me?" she asked staring at the rose in my hand.

"Because I felt like to give it to you." I said.

"What's the purpose?" she again asked.

"You ask too many questions, Grace." I whined.

She glanced at me and her lips tugged a little upward, watching me whining like a kid. She stood there amused.

"Okay, so a little kid told me that his mom says if you like a girl you should treat her like a gentleman." I told her.

She froze.

Did I said something wrong?

"You like me?" she asked with a blank look.

"Yeah why not I would like you?" I questioned confusingly.

"Because I'm not worth it." she spat.

Huh?

"And who said that to you?" I asked her.

"I said it." she replied curtly.

"And why did you said it? That's completely wrong." I told her.

She raised her brow amusingly and folded her arms. "And how am I wrong?" she asked.

"Everyone deserves happiness no matter what and you deserve every happiness of this world." I told her truely.

"Once I had a crush on a boy and when I told him that he said I don't deserve him and I don't deserve anything." she said and scoffed.

I came closer to her and hold her hands. "If that boy can't see what a good thing he could have with you, then he ain't worth you time." I said softly.

"I don't want a label in your life to be with you, I just want to show you that you deserve the world Grace." I said gazing in her blue eyes.

"You don't know anything about me Josh." she said softly.

First time ever I've heard vulnerability in her voice.

"Then take your time to tell me but please let me make you happy Grace." I asked her.

She nodded her head in yes but I know she is still not sure about it. I smiled at her innocuous behaviour and extended the rose to her. She accepted it.

Holding the rose in her hand she was gazing at it with soft eyes. I know she liked it but will not tell me.

"Uh I don't know what to say." she frowned.

"You don't have to say anything, just keep it." I said and smiled at her. She nodded her head.

"I think we should head to the class now." she said still gazing at the rose.

What's with this girl?

"What are you thinking now?" I asked her.

"Nothing." she said.

"Are you sure?" I again asked her.

"Yeah, will tell you later." she said.

I nodded my head and held her hand in mine walking to the class. When we reached the corridors I left her hand and walk beside her not gaining unwanted attention and entered the class.

Brandon and Candice were already sitting at their places talking with God knows which sign language. When they saw both of us entering the class they gave us a sheepish smile.

Grace sat beside Candice and I went to sit beside Brandon elbowing him in the side.

**************************

A little emotional I think, but I find it cute😚

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤