Chapter 48

Grace's pov :

"Are you okay now?" she asked me softly.

I nodded my head at her and she smiled. She sent back to her place where she was sitting. "So where we were? Oh yes how did you asked her out?" she again asked making me nervous.

I glared at him warning him to not tell anything that happened in the canteen and the classroom. He grinned at me.

What's with this expression?

"Don't you worry she knows everything thing about us from the starting?" he said to me.

What starting?

He saw my confused expression and again said "The way you fought with me and told me to stay away from you." she said making me embarrassed.

I ducked my head down in embarrassment. But Mrs. Williams mother put her hand on my shoulder. I raised my head towards her and saw her smiling at me.

"It's okay." she said reassuring me.

"And let me tell you one more thing in starting he used to call you lady don infront of me." she said playfully winking at him.

I raised my brow in amusement towards him. He chuckled nervously. "What are you saying mom stop exposing me?" he said scratching his nape.

"Why? She has every right to know the things you said about her." she said taking my side.

"I'm your son woman. You should take my side." he said offended.

"But I'm on her side." Mrs. Williams said smirking and raised her palm in front of me to give a hi-five. Huh?

I clapped her hand and she beamed at me. "That's not fair you both teamed up against me." he whined like a kid.

We both laughed at him. "Why are you so tensed? It's your home too so feel like one." Mrs. Williams said to me.

Home?

My home?

Suddenly I felt giddy.

Is this how it feels to be at your own home?

I glanced at Joshua and he nodded at me reassuring me to feel free. "Yes, thank you." I smiled a little at her.

She stood up from her chair and went to check the pasta whether it is cooked or not. When she opened the lid the smell of it filled my nostrils and smelled delicious. She took the pasta with a fork and came to me extending the fork in front of my mouth I watched her confused.

"Taste it, and tell me how's it." she said clearing my confusion.

I glanced towards Joshua for his approval. "Why are you looking at him? You don't need his approval." she said frowning at me.

I nodded at her and took the fork in my mouth tasting the pasta, it melted on my taste buds and the good it smelt exactly that much tasty it was. "It's very tasty I love it." I said beaming at her suddenly feeling so happy.

She smiled at me. "Okay let me serve it for you then." she said to me.

"No, it's okay you don't have to bother for me." I said not wanting to trouble her.

"Why bothering? You are precious to me as much as Joshua is." she said frowning.

Am I precious to her?

Even if I'm no one to her?

Really?

"I will not take a no for an answer. Let me serve it for you." she said and turned back to the bring the food before I can protest.

Joshua placed his palm on mine which was on the table and said "It's fine as mom said it's your home too." he said softly.

"But---" as I was saying he cut me off saying "No buts and ifs." he warned me.

I nodded at him. Mrs. Williams came with the food and started serving to us. She served pasta, bacons and avocado sandwich in both of our plates and then in hers too.

"I don't eat this much Mrs. Williams." I said to her watching this much food in my plate.

"Why? It is nothing compared to your age kids." she said frowning.

"You have to finish this then I will serve you more." she said faking her tone in strictness.

"And no need to call me Mrs. Williams it makes me feel old call me aunty but I will prefer mom." she said winking at me.

My eyes go round I'm shock. Joshua sniggered at me. She glared at him. "Chew the food properly. How many time I have to tell you?" she said pointing to his mouth which was full of food.

I smirked at him showing my tongue to him. He scowled at me. "I can see what you both are doing." Mrs. Williams said while eating her food.

We both stopped what we were doing and started eating our food quietly. When I tasted all the things in my plate it was tasting all delicious.

Is it how to be at home feels? Safe and comfortable. When your mother cooks tasty food for you and pampers you. When she shares your secret with you like best friends and supports you in good terms and scold for bad doings. So that's the care and affection I never got in my entire life. The motherly love which I was needing from my mother and nanny.

"Grace why you are crying?" Joshua said breaking my chain of thoughts.

When I placed my hands and my cheeks tears were rolling down from them. When I raised my head I saw Joshua frowning at me. Mrs. Williams stood up from her chair immediately and hugged me while standing beside me. Her embrace felt very warm and motherly. It made me more emotional. I wrapped my arms around her stomach and started sobbing putting my face in her stomach.

"Shh it's okay." she said softly caressing my head.

"Why didn't she loved me?" I said crying my heart out. Because now I can't bottle up my emotions inside me anymore.

I can feel second hand caressing my back softly and I recognized Joshua's touch. They both were pampering me, now I'm troubling them also.

"You are not troubling us Grace." Joshua said from behind me like he can hear what in thinking.

"If she not loved a precious girl like you then it's her fault. But I love you as my daughter and you can always share your problems with me." Mrs. Williams said to me.

She took my head out of her stomach and said wiping my tears and caressing my cheeks "You shouldn't have to waste your tears on someone who don't care about you."

I nodded at her. And wiped the tears off my face. "Phew, so much melodrama happened." Joshua said from behind me.

"Shut up!" Mrs. Williams and I said at the same time. We both glanced at each other and laughed out loud.

"That's not fair you both are behaving like twins." Joshua said and keep whining.

**************************

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤