Chapter 42

Joshua's pov:

After walking for a while we saw a diner and decided to have lunch there. We went inside and the staff shower us our table. We sat and started going through the menu. The waiter came and took our orders. We ordered Chinese hotpot and fish soup. While waiting for our food to come I decided to discuss about our project with her.

"So what did you think about the project?" I asked her.

"Nothing." she shrugged.

"I think you are not interested in it." I stated what I observed.

"Of course why should I make projects and study when my parents bribe the principal to promote me to the next class every year?" she said that it's a normal thing to do.

"What did mean by why? You should study for no one but yourself." I said disagreeing with her statement.

"You will make your future secure. You will make your career. You will be independent and not be dependent on your parents. You will have the benefits of your hard work." I said.

She was staring at me blankly. I don't know what is she thinking? Did she not like that I interfered in her personal life. But I said that for her own good.

"What happened did I said something wrong?" I asked her grimaced.

She shook her head as a no. "Then why are you sitting silent?" I again asked her.

"Thinking about what you just said." she said curtly.

I smiled and nodded at her. Our order came and we started eating in silence. After we finished I paid the bill. Grace defied a lot but can she win against me in this argument?

No!

As we came out of the diner. I thought of collecting some flowers on the way to home because we not had much time for completing the project.

"Shouldn't we collect some flowers before going to home?" I asked her.

She turned her head to me and asked "Now?" I nodded my head.

"Okay." she shrugged.

We started walking and looking here and there for some flowers. After walking for a quite long time we reached to some flowers garden. They were white daisies and looking very beautiful. Just like Grace.

"Looking beautiful right?" I asked Grace while gazing at the beautiful flowers.

"Yeah." she said also gazing at the flowers.

"I think these are the perfect ones for our project." I said dreamily.

"Okay." she says and went inside the garden.

I also went after her and started touching the beautiful daisies. The whole garden was looking ethereal. I started caressing the flower's petals softly. Grace also sat in between of the plants and started playing with the flowers. She started collecting some flowers. She was looking beautiful in her white dress sitting between the white daisies.

She was looking just like a princess. She started braiding her hair and stuck some flowers between her braids. I can't make myself to look away from her.

"Look Josh." she said snapping her head at me and smiling.

Smiling?

She is just like a kid get happy on small things.

I shook my head on my own thoughts. "How am I looking?" she asked curiously.

"Beautiful." I said smiling at her. She again turned her head away getting back to what she was doing. I got an idea so I started collecting some flowers and joining them with theit tendrils I made a crown for her.