Chapter 51

Joshua's pov:

As I walked back inside the school main gates I saw many students were still there. I entered the school building and walked past many students and went to the lobby. I unlocked my locker taking out my phone and again locked it. I started walking out of the school building. Before I can pass the basketball court suddenly Lucas called me.

"Joshua!" Lucas yelled who was standing there with his 10-15 classmates, Dylan and Alex was also there.

"What?" I asked from where I was.

"Come here." he demanded.

"I'm getting late. See you later." I denied his command and about to walk away when he took long strides and came near me. I saw him his face was morphed in anger. His friends and classmates follow him and stood behind him.

"What I told you about defying me?" Lucas said gritting his teeth.

"I'm getting late my friends are waiting for me." I replied not interested in his talks.

He grabbed my collar and his friends also glared at me. I panicked. Lucas punched me and I stumbled a little. I reagain my posture and took some steps back. "So he is the bastard you were talking about." A tall boy said from the group.

"Yes, he is the one who punched me and because of him that bitch Grace threatened me." he snarled.

How dare he?

I grabbed his collar aggressively "Do not dare to cuss her again." I spat.

Two of the boys from the group snatched me away from him and held me tightly. I started thrashing and struggling I'm there hold. "LEAVE ME." I yelled.

Lucas evilly smirked at me. One of the boys held my hair roughly and yanked his head back. I hissed in pain. Lucas punched me again in my guts and this time it hurted like a bitch. I tried to free myself from their grip but they were holding me too tight. "Stop it." I whimpered.

I didn't even recovered from the first two punches when Dylan came and held my shoulders pushing me on the ground he kicked me on my stomach.

I groaned holding my stomach it's paining like hell. Alex held my hair and pulled me up from the ground and I hissed in pain. I tried to shook my head and get free from their grip but it seems impossible now. Alex grabbed my head with full force and banged my head on a wall and a soul shivering scream left my lips and I sat on the ground.

At this point I started to get numb. My body started shaking and I know bruises were already forming everywhere. One of the boys again made me stood up and kneed in my stomach. I started coughing loudly holding my stomach in pain. The pain was almost unbearable. My head started throbbing and a bile came upto my throat. I felt like throwing up.

My eyes were becoming heavy and they closed. Someone yanked me from the collar and pushed me on the ground. When all the hands get off from me I thought they stopped. Suddenly a very chilling cold liquid was poured on me. When I slowly raised my head to see what it was but was not able to see what it was because of my blurry vision. "Stop." someone unfamiliar voice yelled but I was too numb to recognize the voice. I rubbed my eyes and then tried to see, they were emptying their coke can on me. I tried to shook my head but I didn't have that much strength. The coke was drenching my clothes and they were now stuck to my body completely.

When they stopped pouring the coke someone punched me and my lip busted. The metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. I tried to stop them but nothing worked. "Stop." I whispered but I know they didn't even heard it. I gasped when all of them started kicking me. I asked them to stop many time why they were monsters who let their dark side and ego take over their minds.

I coughed out blood on the floor and tried to crawl away but there was no way I can escape them. They kicked me nonstop. "Stop dont hurt him, you assholes." the same person again yelled. But at this moment I only want Grace to save me from these monsters. I groaned and coughed while shielding my head but they were non-stop. "Please leave me." I requested them. Because at this point I can't take it anymore so I pleaded them to let me go. But it seems like they were deaf. They were merciless and egoistic bastards and wanted to prove everyone that they are strongest in this school.

If Grace would have been here she surely had protected me from them. My safe place. At this point I was totally numb to feel anything. I was feeling pain everywhere in my body and my vision was blurry and was not able to open my eyes.

"STOP RIGHT THERE YOU BASTARDS!" someone yelled but this time it was the voice of the person I only wanted to hear. Grace. All the kicking and beatings stop only the voice of my heavy breathing I can hear. Suddenly there was pin drop silence.

"Josh." Grace called me and put my head in her lap. I still recognized her touch in this numbing sensation.

"Josh, open your eyes say something please." I can feel her panicking.

"What did you do you assholes?! I will make your life living hell." Brandon spat.

"How dare you even lay a finger on him?!" Grace keep threatening them.

"J-josh please please open your eyes." she said patting my cheeks softly.

"Buddy open your eyes. We are talking you to the hospital." Brandon said.

"Keep yourself Joshua." suddenly Candice's voice came and she rubbed my palm.

"HELP ME IN PICKING HIM UP!" Brandon yelled at someone.

Two people picked me up with support of their shoulders. I groaned it feels like my bones are breaking.

"It h-hurts." I whispered.

"It'll be fine you will be fine, Josh." were the last words of her I heard and black dots started covering my vision and every turned black.

***************************

I was feeling very guilty while writing this chapter because I'm attached to these characters emotionally and when I wrote this chapter it hurted me seeing Joshua's this condition because of me.😢

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤