Chapter 21

Joshua's pov:

Riiiiinnnngggggggg

Finally the bell rang and the school got over. Stacey turned her head around and waved at me in the back. She mouthed me to come fast we all have to go the cafe. I nodded my head at her and saw Grace and Candice, Grace was already staring at both of us. She glanced at me and started walking out of the classroom. I signalled Stacey to wait for two minutes and started dragging Brandon with me.

"He-hey what happened bro where are you taking me?" he said swinging his bag on his shoulder.

"Grace and Candice are already out of the classroom." I hissed at him.

"Ohhh shit." he cursed and started jogging with me.

We straightly went to the lockers where Grace and Candice were putting there stuff in their lockers.

"Hey guys" Brandon called them getting excited. Candice turned around and saw us. She smiled at Brandon and nodded at me.

What's with this different treatment?

"Do you both wanna come with us to the cafe." Brandon asked them.

Candice: "Yes."

Grace: "No."

They both said at the same time. Brandon grinned like a fool. "Please Grace we should go with them." Candice show her puppy eyes to Grace.

"No I don't want to if you want you can go." Grace said closing her locker.

"Please, please, please I don't wanna go without you." she pouted and joined her hands infront of Grace.

Grace sighed and stared at her but didn't said anything.

"Please come with us Grace." I said with pleading eyes. She stared at me and nodded her head in approval.

"YAYYYYYY!" Brandon and Candice yelled together and started jumping up and down like monkeys.

I laughed seeing both of them. Candice held Grace's hand and started dragging her in the lobby. Brandon and me also followed them. When we reached out of the school campus in front of the basketball court. Stacey and her friends were standing there.
As soon as Stacey saw me she ran towards me.

"Oh Joshua where were you, how long we were waiting for you." she whined holding my arm.

"We were convincing Grace to come with us." I said and saw Grace but her eyes were on Stacey's hands holding my arm and her fists clenched.

"Why you ask her to come with us? We don't like her." Stacey whispered more like taunted loudly, eyeing Grace.

"I told you we will bring our friends." I said to Stacey.

"Are you friends with them?" Kevin asked surprised.

"I'm not anyone's friend." Grace spat and started walking away from there.

I removed Stacey's hand from my arm and ran to grace holding her hand I pleaded her "Please don't go, come with us."

"What I'll do there? As you see no one likes me here." she stated the obvious.

"But I want you to come with me." I said to her.

"As if I care." she sneered at me.

"Okay fine so I'll also not go." I said casually and turned to the others.

"Guys I'm going home I'm not coming with you, sorry." I said and started walking to the school main gates.

Grace behind me gritted her teeth and hissed "Okay stop your drama I'll come with you."

I suddenly felt so happy and ran towards her holding her both hands I said "You are the best, thank you for coming with us."

And I saw her lips tugged upward just a little which can't be noticed something easily. I dragged her with me and happily said "Let's go fast guys, I'm so hungry."

They all nodded and started walking with us. We walked down the streets to find a decent cafe and found one. Cafe and bakery.

We all went inside getting excited and when we sitting on the table I realized I'm still holding Grace's hand I turned to face her and saw her already staring at me. And saw something swirling in her eyes but not able to pinpoint what it was.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to her and left her hand. She nodded at me.

Suddenly Stacey tugged at my hand and "Joshua come sit beside me." she said patting her other hand on the place beside her.

"Y-yeah." I said and sat beside her. I turned to see Grace and saw her walking to Candice I hastily said "Grace you can sit here." I sat patting my other side which was empty.

She glanced at me, then Stacey and sat beside me. I smiled at her. The waiter came and started taking our orders.
Brandon, Kevin, Candice, and Jane ordered Americano. Mia, Stacey and Jordan ordered latte. I ordered Cappuccino and Grace ordered Mocha. For snacks we ordered some croissants, cheesecakes and some cookies of different flavours.

As the order was getting prepared we started talking about random things but Grace was as usual silent.

"Joshua tell us something about you." Mia said front the front of me.

"Me? What about me?" I asked confused.

"Your family, your life." she replied.

I felt Grace became tensed beside me. So I decided not to stretch the topic longer and said "I only have mom and dad in my family and I'm a only child. They love me a lot and you know what's the best part my mum always cooks tasty meals."

I turned to Grace and saw a blank look on her face. As I was watch her our order arrived. All of them got busy and sipping their coffees and eating snacks. I saw Grace lost in her own thoughts stirring her coffee I turned my gaze to check no one is looking at me so I asked Grace "Tell me something about you."

She snapped her head at me and simply said "There is nothing to tell about." and went back to stirring her coffee.

"Why are so silent? We are out of the school now." I said to lighten her mood.

"Because I'm like this only." she shrugged.

"If you are not liking here we can go somewhere else." I said to make her feel comfortable.

She raised her head at me and "Why would you care of I'm not liking here?" she asked amusingly

"I don't know but we can go if you want." I shrugged.

"So you will ditch you friend just for my liking?" she asked surprised.

"Yes, if it will make you feel good." I said.

"But you were so eager to come here." she said and raised her brow.

"Doesn't matter." I said.

"I'm not liking here besides no body wants here." she asks playfully to watch my next reaction.

***************************

I'm having very high cold and also busy with my studies so bear with me if I update the book late or in midnight (tho I update the book daily), but I always try to do it asap and not to make you wait.🤧😷

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤