Chapter 16

Joshua's pov:

I entered the school gates and saw the same view as always students rushing inside their classes some of them talking and standing in groups. I started walking towards my class when I passed the basketball court I remember yesterday's incident with Grace. How she got upset in the last and left from there without saying anything.

I should apologize to her.

I shouldn't do that.

I entered the class and saw few students were sitting there. I went to my bench on which I sat alone yesterday and sat on it. Slowly the class started filling with students, but Grace is still not here and Candice is also not here.

Is she that much upset with me.

All the students came except Grace and Candice. Mrs. Smith also entered and started talking attendance.

"Har---." As Mrs. Smith was still calling the student's names suddenly Grace and Candice entered without seeking her permission.

They were walking to their bench but Mrs. Smith yelled at them "Ms. Anderson and Ms. Salvadore where are your manners?"

"Oops you were here we didn't saw you." Candice replied.

"Why are you both 15 minutes late?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"Because we want to." Grace replied and started walking again.

Why are they so manner less?

As she was walking everyone was glancing at her face and whispering with each other. I saw her right cheek has a little cut and it was bruised.

Who dared to hurt her?

But why am I angry? It's not my concern.

"I think she again fought with someone." a girl sitting ahead of me said.

"Nothing new she always get in fights and got these ugly bruises." the another girl sitting beside her said.

Fight? With whom?

They both were sitting on their bench and as usual Grace put her head head on the table between in her arms. As I was watching her suddenly someone asked "May I come in, Mam?" I moved my gaze from her to the front.

"Yes, come in." Mrs. Smith replied and they entered in the class. A boy.

"Who are you ?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"I'm a transferred student and now I will complete my study here." he said.

"Yes, I remember I got your information from your class teacher Mr. Snow." she said and he nodded.

"So introduce yourself to the class." Mrs. Smith said.

Finally I'm out of the introduction stage.

"Hi friends, my name is Brandon Scott and I'm transgender here from another school. I love to play basketball and I only animals. I hope we can be friends." He said smiling.

Woah! The enthusiasm.

"Okay Mr. Scott you can sit wherever you find a place and be hurry you are a little late on the first day of your school." she said in a strict manner.

What?

That's it?

When I was late on the first day she was inquiring me like a police officer. Anyways, the boy started searching a place to sit bit they all were full. He was moving past Grace and Candice's bench but I saw he gave a wink to Candice. And she seems to be froze at her place. She got flustered and move her gaze down on her lap.

What? Is she blushing?

Why did he blinked at her?

The boy came infront of me and asked "Hey buddy the whole class is full and the only place left is beside you, so can I sit here?"

"Yaa sure." I said and give him a side to move in next to me.

He sat on his place and turned to me. "Hey I'm Brandon Scott and you?" he asked extending his hand for shake.

I accepted his hand giving a firm shake I said "I'm Joshua Williams and I'm also a transferred student."

"Oh so you are also new here how's the people here?" he asked whispering me.

"They are okay neither good nor bad?" I shrugged.

"Hmm. Let's focus on the class and we will talk later. " he hummed and said.

"Yeah." I said and turned my gaze to the front of the class at Mrs. Smith.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Grace's pov:

As I was taking my wonderful nap Candice elbowed me in my head. Oww! I snapped my head at her.

"What?" I spat. But she was sitting frozen like ice.

I raised my head at her level and saw she was staring at a new boy coming towards us he made eye contact with her and winked. Candice got flustered and started blushing like a fool. Her ears were more red than her lipstick.

Not in real though just saying.

I was the boy went near Joshua and started talking to him. Joshua gave him side and the new boy sat beside him.

Who is he?

I saw Candice still gazing at her lap playing with her fingers. What's wrong with this girl? I shook her shoulders and asked "Candice what?"

"What, what?" she asked back.

"What's with that boy winking at you and you being so flustered and blushy suddenly?" I asked demanding an answer.

"Uh-um he-he is." she started stuttering.

"Oh god stop stuttering like a nerd and tell me fast." I said.

She cleared her throat and asked "So you remember last night I called you?"

"Yeah so what?" I asked confused.

"I told you about a boy with whom I'm talking online from few months, he is the one." she said whispering.

"So what you also said he is just a fling." I stated.

"Oh grace you know nothing about love." she said dreamily.

I don't know about love?

Yeah I don't know because never get it.

"Love? What love? If you remember you said he is just a fling!" I whisper yelled at her.

"I said that because I didn't want to accept it that I'm in love." she said still blushing.

"But how we know that we are in love?" I asked amused.

"Everyone feels love in a different way, so I can't explain you." she said.

So how would I know when I'll feel it?

But why would I fell it it's not like someone cares for me?

Only Candice cares for me.

So I love Candice?

Oh course I love her but as a sister.

Fuck it!

***************************

Have you people loved someone or do you love someone? How does it feels? 🌼

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤