truth or dare [M.M.]

October ,31, 1984

"Take care of him for me?" I asked mike,
as he held will. "Yeah, I'll call you when he gets home. You don't have to worry. . . I got him, I promise." Mike held out his pinky. "You better keep that promise, wheeler." I told him, linking my pinky with his. "I will, Harrington." He smiled as we did our handshake. "be safe!" I shouted as they started to walk further away. "Got it!" mike shouted back.

I turn away from them to see max waiting for me. "Where's Dustin and Lucas?" I asked. "They decided to go home too. I guess it's only me and you."
She said. "I've got enough candy. Want to go to my house?" I offered. "Sure!" She said, and grabbed my hand. We walked to until we reached our house. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. "Welcome to my castle!" she stepped inside and I shut the door. "STEVE!" I yelled. But he didn't yell back. "Huh, I guess he's out partying." I shrugged.
"C'mon let's go to my room." I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers.
Soon enough we were in my bedroom.

She looked around my room filled with posters covering walls and shelves full of vinyl's and comics. I walk to my desk and grabbed a cassette tape. I put in the cassette player and 'Every breath you take' started playing. "You like it?" I ask her. "Yeah, its cool." she smiled and sat down on my bed. I sat down next to her, I turned to look at her only to find she was already looking at me. "What? Is there anything in my hair?" I asked as I looked at my mirror which was on the wall. "No! you're hair is perfect, don't worry." She shook her head and I looked back at her. "Wanna play something? Like, truth or dare." I questioned. "Oh hell yeah!, But I get to ask first." I nodded. "Fine by me."

"okay, truth or dare?" She asked. "Dare."
I told her, smirking. "hmm, you're a brave one. I dare you to jump into the pool." She pointed outside my window. My smirk vanished and it was her turn to smirk. "C'mon, not so brave anymore?" She laughed. "Im not scared! It's just the water's cold at this time." I told her. "Well you got dared." I roll my eyes and grabbed two towels. "Fine." she opens my door and we went downstairs and went to the pool. I set the towels down on a chair and looked at max, She gave me a 'what are you waiting for?' look. I sighed. "I can't believe you're making me jump in freezing cold wa–" Before I could even finish my sentence, I felt her push me into the water. "FUCK ITS COLD." I yelled at her but she was laughing. "Oh c'mon don't over act." she shook her head, still laughing. I climed out of the pool and wrapped myself in a towel. Max turned around and touched the water. "See I told you, you were over acti–" I dropped my towel and didn't let her finish as I tackled her into the pool.
She screamed, "Who's over acting now?" I asked her, Oh how the tables have turned. I laugh at her and she glared at me. "okay my turn, truth or dare." I ask while wiggling my eyebrows.

"truth." She said as she swam and sat next to me on the stairs of the pool. "okay, umm, Ever had your first kiss?" I asked. she shook her head, "No, I haven't had my first kiss, yet." she looked away. "Hey what's wrong? If it makes you feel better I haven't had my first kiss either."
She shook her head and looked at me.
"truth or dare." She asked. I looked at her confused. "truth?" She let in a deep breath and asked. "Would you hate me if I was different?" I looked at her shocked, "How could I ever hate you max?" She hesitated, "I like girls, y/n." I smiled and grabbed her hand. She stared at me trying to read my facial expression. I tucked a strand of red hair that was on her face behind her ear. "Oh, max. . . Don't worry. I don't hate you, I mean how could I ever hate you? You're smart, funny, and beautiful. Inside and out. And. . . I like girls too, And I like you. Not as a friend." I confessed. She blushed and smiled. "I like you too. . . and not as a friend." We laughed and I look around us. "truth or dare." I asked her, "Dare." She said. "hmm, so you haven't had your first kiss. I dare you to. . . Kiss me." I said as I stared at her eyes. There was silence, only thing to be heard was the faint sound of trick or treaters and the chirping of crickets. We both leaned in. . . hesitating I cupped her cheek, And she leaned in closing the gap between us. Her lips were soft, And tasted like cherry. we pulled away and I opened my eyes.

"truth or dare?"

"truth"

"want to be my girlfriend?"

"Ofcourse, max."

867 words

hi, hope you guys like it! share your thoughts in the comments:)