{Cleaning Together}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  He walks down the street with his backpack on one side of his arm, seeing a familiar motorcycle parked, a guy in front of a girl wearing a pink shirt, engaged in a conversation. He was talking about what he saw in his dream to see if he could predict a lotto. "Buy the lotto!" The male tells her, "It's not like I dream about a necklace all the time, we might win." Liming pats him on his shoulder from behind, startling him.

  "Police, arrest these two, they're selling illegal lotto!"

  Saleng rolls his eyes before putting his wrists together, "Yeah, arrest me, officers-" he raises his voice, "Where are the police? I don't see any. I sell lotto to police wives! I'm not scared, you a**hole." Praew raises a bag of food and Liming shakes his head.

  "No, thanks,"

  "What are you doing here, anyway? Are you cutting work?" Liming turns back to Saleng accusingly.

  "I'm not! I came to order LPG for Uncle Jim. I'm dropping off the bike for Praew, too. About to head back, coming with me?" The older offers to walk together, but Liming had other things in mind.

  "Oh? I thought I could use a ride home.."

  "You can walk with me, okay?" They were silent for a little bit, but Saleng breaks the silence- like usual, "Babe, I'm taking off." He looks at Praew, his girlfriend.

  "Bye-"

  "But, hey. Don't forget to buy 14 and 41!" Praew stuffs her face with more food, pointing at him with her phone. 

  "You got it!"

[=====]

  They walk into an area for motorcycle parking, talking to each other as they walked down the place, "Why going home so early? Aren't you a senior? Don't you have night school?- Are you even going to school?" Saleng raises an eyebrow. Usually, Liming doesn't like school talk, but that's only when he's with Uncle Leng, he only ever nags.

  "No, I'm just wearing a student cosplay." Sarcasm laces Liming's tongue as he playfully rolled his eyes.

  Saleng completely ignores it and goes onto another topic, "Which uni are you going to? Have you thought about it?" Liming was going to answer when a poster caught his eyes, he looks to the side, the blue poster along with small tiny humanoid drawings at the bottom with white. The background had a map of the world.

[Registration to work overseas is now open]

  He wiggles around a bit and turns back to Saleng, "I haven't." He hates how he sounds ashamed and disappointed, as if he was talking to his Uncle but in a more civilized way, already feeling shame rush down from him even if he doesn't care about school.

  "Oh?"

  "What about you? Leng told you to enroll in non-formal education, but you didn't."

  "I don't want to study. I just want to get rich." Saleng shrugs, hands on his waist, "I want to win the lotto." Liming smiles and walks a few steps forward before turning back, he loves how the male has already gotten his life together, how he'd already figured out his life and what he wanted.

  Liming wasn't sure he was able to do that, even if he sort of knows what he wants - just work and no education, he could just live off of manual labor - he knows he isn't able to if his Uncle continues to push him into school, "You haven't even paid me back the money you owed." He smiles teasingly as he walked off, making Saleng jog to catch up.

  "Quit bringing the 100 baht (About $3) up! It's not like I owe you a million. I'll pay you back once I win the Lotto." Liming knows it's a joke, he doesn't mind the money he gave Saleng- but it would be nice to have it back.