{Sign Language Lesson}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  They're in the market doing grocery shopping for some Calabash. Liming watches as his uncle picks one out, examining it before buying it. All Liming could think of right now was how his uncle needs to hurry it up. He wants to see Heart as soon as possible, promising that he would come to his house to hang out with him and learn some Sign Language to help them communicate.

  "They're all the same." He points out. Maybe he doesn't understand what his uncle sees and think, but he doesn't care about that right now. Impatience, itching under his skin. His uncle sighs, handing the vendor the Calabash that he picked out. 

  "If they're all the same, I wouldn't bother picking." Liming could barely understand what point his uncle is trying to make at the moment, but really, who cares? He really just wants to go. He wasn't sure why he was even dragged here to shop with his uncle if all he'll be doing is tag along - well, Liming did plan to buy a drink.

  Jim flicks the Calabash to check on it. This is his second Calabash now, and if it took his uncle five Calabashes and ten minutes already, he'll be here forever if he wants anymore! "We need old Calabashes for our soup." But thankfully, Liming's uncle doesn't take too long with the second one, seeming to find it 'old' enough. "If we boil it for too long, it won't become mushy." Then, he takes a third, also finding it good enough, handing it to the vendor.

  It's good. At least he had shortened his shopping time for this, Liming just wants them to get this over with so he could go and buy a drink and go to Heart. Just as Liming thinks that it's over, his uncle is given a basket. Now he's picking out some vegetables that Liming doesn't even remember the name of.

  He's fidgeting as he's waiting, "Is P'Wen not working with us anymore?" He wonders now, pulling his mind off of Heart so that he wouldn't be any jumpier. His uncle takes a moment of consideration, looking at him with a look he doesn't understand. Turning back to pick out some more before answering.

  "I don't know. You should've asked him earlier." His voice is rather indifferent, Liming's looking down and to the side, pursing his lips and wondering what he should say next.

  "Did you guys fight?" Jim gives him a look, and replies with a simple 'no' before turning back to the vendor who asked him for 140 baht (about $3.93), and he pays. Liming knows better than to believe this, but he doesn't comment. Just jerking his head and pursing his lips once more to stop talking.

  "Here you are." The vendor hands him a bag of vegetables along with the Calabash that he was taking such a long time to search for.

  As they turn from the vendor, Liming speaks up again, catching his uncle's attention. "To me, P'Wen is an okay guy." And he smiles. Liming isn't very good at school work, but he's able to understand that there's probably something going on with his uncle and P'Wen. Jim looks surprised for a second before his face contorts back to a bored look, huffing out a breath through his nose. 

  "What are you getting at?" He pauses, "what is it?" He stares at him blankly and Liming tries to cover himself up, saving himself before it's too late, and he gets scold for possibly getting into 'Adult Business'.

  "Nothing, I'm just saying." He wants to say it as if he's being wronged, but he can't help but be obvious about it. His uncle stares right at him, and he moves past him, walking right past as if he had never said that in his entire life. He leaves Jim to just stare into his blank spot, then when he turns back, he could see the man jolt back to reality as the vendor hands him his change.

  "Thank you." He takes it, standing there for a bit more. But Liming was too busy to see it, deciding to just get to his destination at a nearby Boba vendor.