{As Long as He Looks at Me}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  They sit at a table, the waitress setting down an orange drink with whipped cream, then a white one that followed after. Liming mutters a small thank you to her as Heart reaches for his drink, pulling it to himself, Liming does the same. Liming and he is sitting side by side while P'Wen sat across.

  Heart's mouth is put into a duck lips as he reached for the straw, only for Liming to take it and take off the wrapper for him. Humming as he hands it to Heart, who took it with his hands, stabbing it right into the whipped cream with eager eyes.

  He misses the way Wen looks at them with that look that says he knows something about them. That he senses something. But he doesn't speak yet, watching them first as if he was a thankful parent. Liming's busy watching Heart as the boy sips at his drink through the straw. It's nice and cool, good to fight off the earlier tiredness of his first job and Pattaya's heat that somehow makes its way into the mall.

  Liming hums, signalling to him and giving his leg a gentle kick, affectively getting Heart's attention, who couldn't hear him from before. "Is it good?" He signs as he speaks, letting a smile slip as he watches the boy swallow the icy drink. Heart's smiling back, signing to him with a mirroring grin.

  "It's good," Liming nods with a smile that never seemed to leave his lips. Being around Heart had made him smile ten times more, and it's crazy how at the end of the day, after leaving Heart, his cheeks would feel sore because of how much he'd smiled.

  Liming could notice the look that Wen is giving Heart, truly observing him, "P'Wen." He snaps the man out of his daze, introducing Heart to him. "This is Heart. Heart's deaf." His hands move almost automatically as he spoke, signing for Heart to understand what he's telling P'Wen.

  The older's mouth open in acknowledgement, bowing his head to Heart with a smile. "Heart," He gives Heart a small touch on his hand, trying to think of how to explain Wen to him with his limited knowledge of Sign Language. "This is my P', his name is.." He pulls out his phone and types in Wen's name for Heart to understand. He doesn't notice Wen's proud smile. "His Name." He signs and points to Wen.

  Heart is smiling brightly at him, greeting him with both hands clasped together. "Nice to meet you, too." Liming finds a small smile on his face again. "So, how did you come to work here?" Heart's no longer paying attention as he went back to his drink, sipping on it as he looked on his phone.

  "A senior at my school told me about this job, so I asked Heart to join me." He gives Heart a small glance, feeling his heart flutter at the sight of the male minding his own business and simply for just breathing and existing. "It's a change of scenery that also pays." Liming had taken a little bit to find this job, too.

  "Self-made teens, huh?"

  Liming's quite proud of himself, "I want to save money for the Work & Travel program, so I don't have to ask Uncle Jim to pay for it." P'Wen's nodding, understanding his stance on working now. Liming's glad to have someone to understand his views instead of denying it.

  "Is he okay with that, though?" 

  "Hm, he is." He's fiddling with the straw in his fingers, continuing, "What about you? I haven't seen you come to work at the diner." It's truly out of full curiosity. "It's been quite a while." He could see how Wen is thinking of how to reply to that, not knowing what to say, huffing out a small humorless laugh.

  "Well... Your uncle said that the diner hasn't been very busy lately." Wen quips up a lie that that Liming doesn't have too much to think about it. Liming doesn't bother prying, and he frankly doesn't care too much. "So he said I didn't have to be there."