{The Outside World}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  Liming is hiding in Heart's room, away from the mother's view from the door. He's holding onto a pair of seemingly new shoes - even if Heart says he had them for a while, he clearly hadn't gotten around to using it much, stuck in his home - Liming's looking at Heart who's wrapped in a towel, acting as if he had just finished his shower.

  Ms. Jintana is writing down a note for her deaf son on a notepad, reading it out as she's writing. "I'm making rice porridge for you tomorrow." She took a glance at the paper, making sure it was right and ripping it from the notepad, she hands it to her son, already all dressed up for her party.

  Heart takes the note, reading it. And even before he looks up, his mother is out of his vision. It sets a bitter taste in Liming's tongue. When he looks over, Heart is silently shutting the door, throwing off the towel and putting it aside. His clothes look like they were brand new, like his mother had bought them for him, but he never had gotten to use it.

  Heart quiet steps makes his way to him, and takes the shoes, placing them on the bed as they weren't dirty yet, and wore the red sling bag that was almost matching with Liming's blue. Liming had first initially thought the red was for him, but Heart had given him the blue, he had smiled at that.

  Liming raised his hand, listening closely to the door. Waiting for Ms. Jintana to leave with her husband to some party, he could feel Heart huddling close behind him, patiently waiting. When he hears the door close, he turns his head to Heart, starting to move towards the bedroom's door.

  The door cracks open, and he looks out, peeking through to see if they were still there. And once he was sure they were gone, he turns back to Heart, mouthing to him. With a small smile on his face, he pushes the door open, back facing the door and out of the room.

  They sneak out through the back, behind the pool. There's a rattling staircase that was secure enough for them to walk on and out, a motorcycle was waiting for them, parked in the back. Liming smiled widely. He was going to take Heart out. They were quiet as they made their way down, despite Heart's parents being gone.

  He gestures at the motorcycle for Heart, holding at the front and Heart pushing at the back, they move the motorcycle out from the area. He would be the first person to take Heart out of his home for three years.

[=====]

  Heart his making his way over to a street-food vendor, excited about some food he hadn't seen made in a while. "What would you like?" The man asks and Liming is ordering for himself before turning to Heart, crouching as he signs to him. "One plain roti, please."

  "What do you want?"  And Heart signs right back to him after looking around for a bit, wondering what he should get.

  "One of this." Heart waits behind him, rocking back and forth on his feet.

  "And one with banana and eggs, please." Liming points to the food, smiling at the vendor, for once he wasn't blowing up with anger outside of Heart's house, and it feels amazing. The air is cool out tonight, as well. They were near an ocean. He rubs his belly to Heart and Heart smiles back, doing the same thing, his adorable bunny teeth showing.

  Later, as they wait for their food, they mess around a bit more. Heart taking a picture of Liming with the vendor to keep as a memory, and Liming turns around to the vendor, thanking him for giving them permission. They pay for the food and stayed around to eat it, gently meeting each other's pieces with their owns as a silent 'cheers!'.

  As they stuff their mouth with the piece, they realized that it had been a bad idea. The food was burning their mouths, and Heart is fanning his mouth with his hand, cracking Liming up even more.