{His Ears}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  Heart is watching an American movie on his TV while Liming slaves away, mopping the house and the spot behind him. He's slightly interested in the movie, except he realized that the volume wasn't on. It made sense that it was off since Heart couldn't hear anyway, the movie displayed Thai Subtitles.

  Liming looks at him, and he takes his notepad, writing neatly down on it.

[You don't need to mop. The housemaid will do it.]

  He taps the notepad lightly against the sofa's back rest's edge, just to make enough small noise so that Liming would look over. The shorter leaves the mop by itself and it drops. He looks over, but didn't bother to pick it up. Reading the contents of whatever Heart wrote instead.

  He purses his lips and his hands drop to his lap as he clicked the pen, about to write, bringing it back up. It was clear that his handwriting was far sloppier than Heart's. Way too sloppy, even. He kind of shoves it into Heart's face.

[Then you will tell your mom that I don't work!!]

  Heart takes back the note. It takes him a bit to read with the handwriting that was also 5x bigger than his original small font and writes back.

[Sorry.]

  Was the only thing that was on the next page when Heart flipped the paper.

[About what?]

  He hands the note back to Heart, an eyebrow raised as he tilted his chin up a bit for a little nod.

[About the liquor. I didn't know my mom knew you, I thought you could get away with it.]

  The neat handwriting and the kindness the boy has made him feel something inside of him. Pooling warmth into his stomach, except it's not the usual anger he's used to. He looks at Heart then to the notepad, writing. Liming gives him a small smile as he shows Heart the note.

[Forget it, I actually don't want to be at the diner.]

  Here, he has the quiet he'd never had before in his life. Bustling noises from the streets, talking loudly of the people walking by and inside the diner. The non-stop talking in class and movement, even if the teacher was talking, it wasn't really as silent as Heart's home. With the faded, cool colors, it was like time had stopped when he came into the house. Dimly lit and somber. The constant nagging from his Uncle makes him thankful that he was here.

  Heart gently takes the note out of his hand and places it down on the couch with a small, adorable smile on his face. Liming returns it, though he wasn't sure if he gave off the exact same look in his eyes as Heart does. He finds it a wonder how the thinner male had always had this sparkly look in his eyes.

  He finally took the mop from the floor and places it against the back of the couch before sitting down next to Heart. He signs something that Heart could understand, even if it wasn't correct. Two fingers at his own eyes, then to the TV.

  He gives Heart a tap on the shoulder, gaining his attention once again after he'd turned away. "Can you turn the volume up?" He points his thumb upward and do a little hand thing for the remote, when he realizes that Heart doesn't understand, he takes the remote and turns up the volume himself, "Here, let me just do it."

  Heart looks confusedly at the TV and him to see what he wanted to do. He finally gets it and has a small, almost unnoticeable smile on his face. He takes the notepad on the couch to write. He drops the pen onto the paper and clamps it down with his thumb before handing it to Liming in an almost excited and happy manner.