{I Promised Him Loy Krathong}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  They sit face to face, small smiles on their faces as they kind of stare into each other's eyes. Crisscross on the wooden flooring next to the railing of the spiral staircase.

  "Dislike?" Liming says, his tone so soft that it was almost foreign to himself. Heart shakes his head. He was trying to guess what Heart was trying to say with the sign, they were sitting incredibly close. Liming drops his arms, the notepad in his hands, "What then?"

  He looks down at it, fiddling, before Heart takes it gently but swiftly out of his hand along with the pen, starting to write down on a new blank page that he flipped over to.

[Sad.]

  He chuckles, letting out a small breath, "Don't be sad, I've only begun to learn it." Heart looks at him dumbfounded, even if he didn't know or hear whatever Liming had just said, he understood. He does the motion again in front of his chest, hand into a fist, as he did circles over his heart area.

[It means 'sad'.]

  Heart does the motion again to demonstrate, then pointing at the notepad. His eyes shining at Liming, who feels his heart flutter, but quickly shutting it out.

  "I see, so that means 'sad'? Huh?" He looks at Heart, who pushes the notepad slightly upward, those eyes looking at him patiently. "Right, you can't hear me." He lets out a small air of a laugh, he knows Heart can't hear him, but he's still talking anyway.

  Heart's expression is confused, but oh so adorable as he just blinks at Liming, completely lost and unsure of what to reply as he didn't know what Liming was telling him.

  "This word is difficult." Liming signs it to Heart, putting his index fingers into hooks then clashing them onto each other lightly, "Right? This means 'difficult'?" His head is tilted in question, but Heart's eyes illuminate and glossy as he starts to smile and look away, biting down on his bottom lip. He recollects himself and looks back up at Liming with a barely contained smile.

  Heart places two hands in front of his chest, pushing them outward like walls. "Thank you."

  "What?" Liming looks at him, blinking, his mouth slightly agape as he tries to learn. He whispers to himself, "If this means 'thank you'.." He does the gesture, "Then what does this mean?"

  He misses the way Heart looks down at his hands, trying to hold his smile once again. Those eyes flickering back up to his owns. Liming can't tell if it was the light that's making Heart's eyes sparkle in such an adoring way, or if they were natural. But either way, Heart's eyes looked like they held stars in them.

  Heart writes on the notepad again. He pats on Liming's thigh, and he looks, immediately, Heart smiles as he raises the notepad next to his face. Eyes glimmering, even if the lighting was slightly dimmer now.

[Thank you.]

  Liming had always noted how Heart's handwriting has been way better than his, maybe it was because he was more calm and collected. Unlike him, who's always hotheaded.

  Heart flips over the notepad to the back before Liming could ask what for.

[For trying to speak with me.]

  Liming smiles, and Heart returns it too. Giving his eyebrow a jolt as he gives Liming those kind, soft eyes. He feels it bubble in his chest again, the familiar warmth that he'd like to bask in forever. He looks at Heart for a while, in a slight trance as he just stares at the deaf boy, then realizes, turning.