{A Normal Day for Liming}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  It's recess, and he's sitting on a bench as his friends play soccer, earbuds plugged into his phone as he watches a YouTube video. It was all in English to help him with the English if he wanted to work for Work & Travel. They kick around, and he doesn't really pay attention to them until the ball is kicked over, almost knocking the cheap old phone that his uncle bought for him out of his hand if not for his slight jolt.

  He looks down, under the bench to find the ball to kick it back, taking out an earbud as his friend talked to him. The ball he was looking for has rolled off out of a range where he could get it back just with his feet, staying sitting. "Wanna join us?"

  "No, you play. I'm going to work. I don't want sweat on my shirt." He fixes the earbud in his ear, squinting his eyes to meet his friend's eyes, the sun was glaring even as he sat under the small little roof above the bench.

  "Take it off and play!" He points toward the schoolmates playing, and Liming thinks for a few seconds before another male speaks to him, "We're missing a player, come on!"

  Liming makes an annoyed face, shaking his head once, "You go on, I'm not playing." But the guy speaking to him comes up next to him, patting his shoulder.

  "You're on Pond's team," He points at Pond - the one who approached Liming first - and quickly leaves to go back into the circle of friends. Liming doesn't have a choice, does he? "Come on bro!" Someone yells, and he rolls his eyes, reluctantly getting up even if he was interested in playing.

  He places his phone aside on the bench and took off his earbud, swiftly taking off his shirt to show a muscular body. Well-built and tan, clearly showing that he was one that works, gaining his muscles from working and not just because he wanted to be a body builder. Though it's not as strong as those guys you see in magazines, it's healthy enough for a kid like him.

  He easily slips into the game with his friends, jotting to the ball and starting the match, pushing a guy aside as he guards the ball under his feet, kicking into the goal of the other team. A guy whines as he smiles in victory.

[=====]

  Liming is now washing his hands and face in the open bathroom, his friend leaning against the wall behind him as he spoke, on his phone. "Ay Li, why do address your mom's younger brother as if he's older than her?" the question was only out of curiosity. Liming splashes the water on his face a few times then look up, running his hand through his hair and making it wet along the way, then leans against the mirror using his arms as a stand when he looks into the mirror.

  "People call him Uncle. I follow what other people do." He turns back and look at his friend before turning back to the mirror, washing his face some more. He hears a small 'ahh..' of understanding before it goes silent again. Even if he splashed his whole body with the cool water, in mere seconds he'd feel warm again with the heated sun of Thailand's summer.

  His friend turns to the mirror, still behind him and kind of to his right side. A hand drops to his side and down his thigh, making a small clap. "Should we go eat at Liming's next time?" He questions, but doesn't wait for an answer before he makes a small smile on his face, "His diner was on TV, how cool."

  Liming flings shakes his hand in front of him a few times to get rid of the water before grabbing onto his red gym uniform. He flicks the shirt up and down a few times to get it less wrinkly and get whatever was in it out, just a precaution for bugs that might have landed on it. "Yeah, go ahead. The diner was so quiet during Covid, Pattaya seems like an abandoned town." He moves his arms inside the armholes before pushing his head into the shirt.