1.3

-the gif is how I see his eyes in this chapter.-

Don't forget to Follow, Vote, and Comment

Zander's POV

Since Arielle left to go back to her motel I thought it would be a great time for me to go to my office and try to sort through a few things for the pack. Mostly all the things that Alpha Maxwell brought up in our meeting. I felt bad that I could not help a friend out but we were attacked as well and lost people. I need to protect my pack first. Zack still made my temper rise because he rose his voice at me, but I understood why he did it, His people were dying. I would have done the same thing in his situation.

After being in my office for a little over thirty minutes going over things that I will need to know, and trying to understand what is going on with the rogues they have never done this, attack my pack I mean. They only did a few years ago when my father was still Alpha of the pack. I stood up from my leather chair walking to the door opening it. I stepped out of it walking towards the living room. When I got closer to the living room I started to hear frantic voices.

Once I entered the room no one even noticed me seeing as they were all running around the room looking at things and getting things ready, Were we under attack again? I did not catch anything that they were saying as they passed me because they were talking way to fast for me to catch anything. When my eyes landed on the person that stood in the middle of the whole commotion I made eye contact with my Beta female Nella, she broke eye contact with me as she looked down at her phone that was in her hand with a face of pure sadness, her face was also paler than normal.

I thought that it was about time for me to know why everyone was running around like they got their heads cut off. I cleared my throat before talking loudly

"what the hell is going on in here?"

When everyone in the room heard my voice they halted in their steps turning their head to where I stood. But as I looked at each of them they all had one thing in common. . . None of them were looking at me in the face, let alone the eyes. Seeing this, made me know that there was something wrong. After a few more minutes of them just looking at me in complete silence I got annoyed so I decided to ask them again,

"I said what the hell is going on in here?"

After this time I got a few whimpers of fear from the girls that were in the room and Nella looked at me in the eyes before glancing down at her phone and than back up at me showing me that her eyes were now filled with tears and there were a few stray tears that rolled down her cheeks. Seeing my Beta Female like this started making Midnight move around in the back of my mind as he too was getting nervous, like he knew something that I did not know yet. I could hear him huffing and puffing at me and when I asked what was his problem he would growl at me.

"Alpha, something has happened to Arielle she--she--"

She couldn't even finish her sentence as the tears that she had in her eyes broke through the wall and fell freely down her face and a loud sob fell from her lips as she brought one of her hands up to cover her face. Seeing this I could feel myself move closer to where she was standing muttering

"What has happened to my mate Nella"

After saying that I could feel Midnight trying to gain full control of my body but I fought him down a little knowing that it would turn out very bad if I let him have full control.

"Arielle she called me and she said that her door had been open when she returned to her room. Than she said something about her father now working for the rogues. . . and--and than she said that he shot her twice and after that her phone cut out"