6. Panchal war & Bhanumati's svayamvar

Drona- I as my guru dakshina ask for my students to defeat Drupad.

Soon the Pandavas nodded and they along with Drona started their journey towards Kampilya. While Duryodhan went to his room.

In Kampilya,
The Sabha of Kampilya was going on when a arrow with a letter was shot on the crown of Drupad but him being a great warrior caught the arrow before hitting his crown.

Drupad- Mahamantri read the letter.
Mantri- Greetings to king drupad , we the students of the greatest guru in the universe. We the son of Pandu's and the prince of the kuruvansh , the favourite of our guru and the favourite princes of Hastinapur and challenging you for a war. Accept your defeat and be our slave or else we devputra's will show you our strength.
Drupad- They are so arrogant , I cannot imagine that the wonderful and the respectful Kauravas are related to spoiled brats like the Pandavas. Let all the Sena be behind me Shrikhandini I will make an illusion of a chakravyuh.
Shri- Okay father.

Shrikhandini told the Sabha to be behind drupad to which they agreed.

Hastinapur , the royal court ,
While the Pandavas were on battlefield with their guru , in Hastinapur a letter of the svayamvar of Bhanumati the princess of Kalinga had come.

Messenger- Greatings to you great king and Yuvraj. I have come here from Kalinga with the invitation of Yuvrani Bhanumati the only daughter and the heir of Kalinga. She is the student of Rishi Agastya and Balram and is also a warrior princess. The person who will be chosen by her will be crowned the king of Kalinga.

Bhishma and Vidhur whispered something to each other after which Bhishma said.

Bhishma- We Hastinapur royals deny the request as our eldest son is at battle.

This was a decision taken as they didn't want Duryodhan to have the legal heir of kuruvansh and they also didn't want the Kauravas to have an alliance with Kalinga which would make their support strong. But Suyodhan was having an unwanted pull towards Kalinga so he said.

Suyo- Mahamahim you are neither the king nor the Yuvraj. The final decision for the same lies with the king. As for me messenger as you have given the message in Ayodhya I Gandhari Nandan accept the message and will participate in the svayamvar of your yuvrani.

Taking the chance Vidhur said.

Vidhur- Then why don't you rule your kingdom and leave this kingdom.
Suyo- I can ask you the same mahamantri , if you work for the betterment Pandavas why be the mahamantri of Hastinapur and live on the royal treasury of Hastinapur.

Vidhur stood the speechless while Dhritarashtra said.

Dhri- Suyodhan will represent Hastinapur and Ayodhya and thats final no more interventions.

In Kampilya ,
Drupad went on the battlefield and made the Chakravyuh and Shrikhandini stood outside to defend.

Bheem- Jyeshth you 4 go inside I will capture this mere women.

The 4 Pandavas went and started to annihilate the illusions and once they were away from Bheem the chakravyuh was formed again and Drupad also created a chakravyuh around Bheem and Shrikhandini.

Shrikhandini was beating Bheem like a dhoobhi washed his clothes. While one by one Yudhishthir , Nakul and Sahdev were captured by Drupad.

Shrikhandini bounded Bheem in a Nagpas capturing him. Drupad became angry as he was insulted by Arjun as Arjun discrowned  Drupad with an arrow. Drupad in anger captured Arjun.