Adventure 4

The school year had ended and summer break had finally come around.

It had been a month since school ended, and that long since you had spoken to Rick, or anyone else for that matter. You did mention to your parents that you'll be spending most of your time in your room, as you have started a project and would prefer to focus on it as much as possible.

You do as you were down in your room, tinkering with your latest non-original invention, You could hear Rick looking around the house for you. Unaware you had moved your room down into the basement because you've been experiencing heat stroke on extremely hot days. 

Your parents would bring you food and anything they thought you would need, and on occasion, you would come upstairs from your room for something necessary along the lines of food or drink. 

Recently, you've been getting stressed about it. At first it was fun. Starting something new. But starting from scratch later began messing with you.

Today was one particular day, that Rick had finally thought of asking his daughter where you were. She simply replied, "In their room." Before going back to doing what she was doing. 

Rick checked upstairs first. And what used to be your room was now a storage room. He checked Summer and Morty's room. He got yelled at in the process but you weren't there. That's when he realized, you were in the basement. Which is exactly where you went next.

As he stepped down the stairs and entered your room, he noticed all of your belongings and your own version of the garage in one-half of the huge space. And in that workplace space, were you messing with mechanics?

"Hey Y/N, what are you up to?" Rick asked, trying to break the silence.

You ignored him and continued to work on your creation. Very focused on making sure every little detail was present and perfect. 

"Y/N? You in there?" Rick asked, in a louder tone. Having the urge to poke your head but he doesn't want to face the consequences. Instead, he went back upstairs. 

The next day, the rest of your family had been sitting at the table for lunch. "Summer, could you take a place of food to Y/N?" Beth asked. Seeming completely fine with what's been going on, since she and Jerry are the only two who know about it. 

"No need mama. I'm up here." You interjected, startling Rick and Morty who had their backs facing you until they looked behind them. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Summer asked. 

"In my room. The entire time. I haven't seen the light of day for about a week so I needed to show up." You chuckled going to sit on the table. But placed down what appeared to be a plushie. It was red and pink, with a yellow eye and the other had an eyepatch over it. It was a fox as well. "I finished it. And I'm done with getting annoyed with it." You explained. 

The room was silent for a moment. 

"So, does it do anything?" Morty asked. 

"Morty, your sibling is proud of it. Don't bring it down." Beth silenced. 

"Nah he's got the right question. And it does. It can move, and it speaks." You answered, waving your hand in front of the face of the animal plushie. It began singing a random tune with no words. "It's motion censored. and I did have the joystick for it to move but I left that in my room." You smiled. 

"What a waste of time." Rick scoffed. "You could do what I do and build a gun that lets you go anywhere in the world you want, or even take over a whole universe."

"Or have sex with a planet." Summer chimed in, unamused.

"Yeah sure whatever, you could do that. But instead, you build this?" He asked. 

You stared him down in silence before getting up. He could've been joking. Or not. But that didn't matter to you. It really did pull on your heartstrings. 

You grabbed the mechanical plushie and stood up. "Forget about it." You sighed as you retreated back to the room.

"Really Rick? You thought that was a good idea?" Jerry questioned. 

Rick shrugged. "Y/N has potential in them. But wasting it on that shit? Jesus Christ she really is your kid Jerry." He insulted. 

"I'm going to go eat with Y/N. I'll bring them a plate down as well." Morty announced, giving Rick quite an annoyed look as he grabbed his plate of food as well as another one for you.