Adventure 8

The household was quiet. You enjoyed it as you sat at your desktop playing Minecraft the entire time.

"Y/N, get up! We're going on another adventure with Rick and Morty!" Summer exclaimed.
You groaned, not in the mood for another wild ride with the dysfunctional duo. "Can't you go without me? I want to stay home and relax," you replied.
But Summer wasn't having any of it. She grabbed you by the arm and pulled you out of bed.

"Nope, you're coming with us. Rick says he needs someone with your unique set of skills."
You were skeptical at first but then shrugged it off as you walked upstairs.
"Ah, Y/N, perfect timing," Rick said as you approached. "I need your expertise in data analysis for this mission."
"Since when did you get so formal?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. "Are we working for the government for today or something?"
"I mean, I guess you could say that." Rick shrugged.
"He wants to ask the president for a 'favor' and he thinks if he brings you along the president might favor you more," Morty explained.
You rolled your eyes. "Great, just what I wanted - to be used as a bargaining chip in Rick's schemes."
Rick used the portal gun to transport you, him, Summer and Morty into the white house. Once you arrived, you were surprised to see that the president had massive boards full of information in the Oval Office.
"Ah, Rick Sanchez, not surprised to see you here at this time." The president asked, eyeing you up and down.

"Yeah I need a favor from you, buddy," Rick said, walking towards the president's desk confidently. "And I brought my expert data analyst with me." 

The president nodded, intrigued. "What can we help you with?"

"Well, we need access to some classified information," Rick said, flashing a sly grin. 

The president raised an eyebrow. "I can't just give you classified information, Sanchez. You know that." 

"Come on, just this once," Rick pleaded. "We'll owe you a big one. And I got my best people with me. Y/N here can analyze anything." 

You felt a sense of irritation and frustration bubble inside you, but you didn't show it. You knew that Rick was just trying to manipulate the situation to his advantage. So you pulled out your phone and messaged Melissa, though she explained she was busy and that they can talk later.

The president looked thoughtful for a moment, rubbing his chin. "Alright, let's see what we can do. Follow me."He led the group to a secure room where sensitive information was held. 

You were amazed at the amount of data stored in that room; it was mind-boggling. 

 Rick immediately went to work, plugging in his laptop and starting to hack into the system. You watched with interest as he typed away, his fingers moving incredibly fast. 

 Meanwhile, Morty was pacing around nervously, while Summer was flipping through some files.And you...you were standing around glancing around.

The president tapped you on your shoulder. "So... you can analyze anything?" He wondered.

You let out a huff as you crossed your arms. "No... But I try my best to understand things around me. I'm just being used as a bargaining chip right now." You confessed. 

The president nudged his head as a signal for you to follow him. He led you to a helicopter. 

Hesitantly, you got in as the president sat next to you and two bodyguards on opposite sides of both of you. 

When the helicopter landed, it was a wasteland with a building in the middle of nowhere. You recognized the place. 

"Is this... Area 51?" You asked in disbelief. 

The president nodded in response. "I want you to analyze this material here," the president said, pointing at a large pile of papers and folders on a table in the middle of the room. "It's highly classified, and we need someone with your expertise to figure out what it all means."

You hesitated for a moment, then decided to take a closer look. As you began to sort through the documents, you realized that they contained some very sensitive information, including details about secret government operations and top-secret experiments.

Your remained calm as you read through the files, realizing just how much of a responsibility this was. You knew that any mistake or misinterpretation could have severe consequences.But you continued to pour over the information, your analytical skills coming in handy as you began to piece together a bigger picture.

After a long hour or two, you pieced together what was necessary and what was added details to it. "Sir... I got somewhere." You said looking over at the president.

He nodded and walked over, taking a look at your work. "My... You've proven to be quite useful..." He admired. "You're still in highschool correct?" He then asked.

"Yes... I'm going into my sophomore year." You answered. 

The male nodded. "How about a proposition for you? I've seen your skills now, and maybe one day you'll show me you have more. But how about, instead of collage, you come work for me, or something in relation to work done here without having to go through anything." He suggested. "Like, here at area fifty one or an agency worker..."

You didn't hesitate before nodded. "Yeah... sounds great. But, can I use college as a cover up so then I don't have to be home much? I think with the new changes Rick would want to keep me around as possible. And I don't want to be his side piece." You explained. 

The president nodded. "Then that it shall be. Now lets hurry back before they realize we're gone. And do not mention a word about this to anyone otherwise you will be eliminated."

Once you arrived back at the white house you pulled out a deck of cards. You and four of the president's bodyguards began playing a game of four hand Uker. 

Eventaully Rick finished up and announced he was done before calling you and leaving. You, Rick, Morty and Summer going back home using the portal gun.

When you stood back in your home, you went downstairs to your room and began playing Minecraft again. Thinking nothing of it and choosing to think about it until school begins again.