Thirty-One

My arm was looped through Billy's as we walked up toward his house. It's been a good few hours since Billy came to my house. Everything was off the table and we decided to give us a try, which I'm happy about. Billy wanted to stay and continue having sex but there was just one thing I have to do. Which requires me to be at his house.

"You sure your father's home?" I asked.

Billy tensed but nodded nonetheless. "Yeah."

I gave him a sad smile. "Hey, after tonight, you don't have to worry about him."

"What are you going to do? Kill him?"

"No, even though he deserves it, I'm not going to kill your dad."

He furrowed his brows. "What are you planning to do?"

"Well, that's for me to know and for you to dot, dot, dot." We arrived at the front door. Billy nervously grabbed his keys and unlocked the door. He took a slow step in and noticed I wasn't following. "I have to be invited in by the owner."

"What if he doesn't invite you in?" he asked.

I smirked. "Believe me, he will."

I knelt down and began taking off my shoes as I heard footsteps coming from the living room.

"Who's there?" I heard a gruff man ask. The footsteps got louder and Billy's dad appeared. "Oh, it's just you, Billy. Where's Max?"

"She's at that stupid dance," Billy answered.

Billy's dad glared at him. "What did I say about your tone? And you were supposed to pick her up." He finally noticed me.

"Sorry, that's my fault," I said. I was 'trying' to take my shoes off. "I ran into Billy at the school and kinda stole him."

"She wanted to meet you," Billy said. "Dad, this is Bela Salvatore. My girlfriend."

"Don't worry about your shoes, come in," his dad said. I mentally smirked as I took a cautious step forward. "I'm surprised someone like you would want to date my son."

"Well, it took a while but we decided to give it a shot. And again, I'm sorry for taking Billy for the night. We're still gonna pick up Max but I wanted to meet you first." Soon, I sped over and grabbed Billy's dad by the neck before slamming him to the wall. "So, I could meet the son of a bitch who decided it's ok to beat up his own kid."

"What the hell are you?!" he screamed.

My pupils dilated. "Stop talking and stay still." On command, he stopped. "Billy and I both bonded over our abusive fathers. Mine's is dead, yet you're still breathing. But, instead of killing you, like I would have liked to, we're gonna do this instead." I continued my compulsion. "You've been a real piece of shit. You're not going to lay a finger on Bill, Max, or your wife - become the good husband/father they need. And if I ever hear that you so much touch a hair on their head then we're going to have a problem. You bet your sorry excuse of an ass that I'll be back and drain you dry." I smirked. "And forget we have this conversation. We don't want everyone getting suspicious, do we?" He nodded. Satisfied, I dropped him. "Now, you have a daughter to pick up. I suggest you get to it."

Billy and I watched as his dad left, leaving Billy and me alone.

"What did you do?" he breathed.

"I compelled him," I answer with a shrug like it wasn't a big deal. "My father was a real piece of shit before Stefan killed him. He was never kind to me but your dad was. So, I figured, he needed a little push to be the man he used to be." I wrapped my arms around his waist. "He's not going to hurt you anymore."

Billy's lips twitched before he was fully smiling. He pulled me close and crashed our lips together. "Thank you," he breathed.

"You don't need to thank me," I said. I pecked his lips. "You deserve it, Billy."

I chuckled as he picked me up, my legs wrapping around his waist, and pinned me to the wall. He continued to kiss me, putting as little distance between our bodies as possible.

He smiled up at me. "I love you, you know that?"

"I don't know," I teased him. "It doesn't feel like it."

"Oh, really?" Billy began to trail kisses along my neck as he slowly buckled his hips. I let out a shaky breath as I felt his 'friend' poke me. "Let me show you how much then? No one's going to be home for another 45 minutes anyway." As my answer, I leaned down and kissed him. My hands cradled his face. Billy smirked as he moved toward the stairs. I slowly began to grind on him, which got him to stagger a bit and hold the wall. He reached down and grabbed my thighs before rushing toward the living room. "You know what? The couch is better."

》》》》

After saying goodbye to Billy, I went home. I was practically skipping in glee. I - I did need this. With everything that happened in the last few months, I needed something good. We all did.

When I arrived home, I noticed the door was left slightly open. My brows furrowed because I know for a fact that I had it closed when Billy and I left. Oh, god, don't tell me Damon decided to come back for another visit. I slowly walked inside my house and closed the door.

"Damon?" I called out. He better not try to sneak up on me. "Damon?" I walked further toward the parlor. "Damon, this isn't funny."

"This isn't supposed to be funny," I heard a familiar voice say. I froze. "You thought I was Damon. That's kinda insulting."

"Oh, my god," I breathed.

"Hi, Bels," Stefan smiled at me.

"Stefan." I ran over and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. "Even though I'm happy you're here, what are doing here?"

He pulled away. "It's been over the news what happened in Hawkins. But...something didn't seem right and I wanted to check in on you. I would have been here earlier when I heard what Damon did, but he found me so I had to lose him in New York. I'm sorry for what he did to your friend."

"It's fine."

"Yeah, it must have been hard to compel him to forget." I winced. "You did compel him to forget, right?"

"Not exactly. But, Stef, I trust my friends not to say anything."

He raised his brow at me. "Friends? So...it's not just that one guy who knows?"

"Yeah, but it was better this way."

"How is it better? Damon could come back and kill them."

"You don't know them like I do, Stef. They're a lot tougher than you think. They've dealt with a lot worst than vampires." I grabbed his shoulders. "There's so much I have to catch you up on. Hawkin's isn't just another ordinary town. If it wasn't for the fact that we're vampires, you might not believe me."

And I told him everything that happened since I arrived. Stefan nodded his head as he slowly took in every little to important detail I gave him. From the Demogorgons to Eleven to the Demodogs. He wanted me to leave Hawkins but I stood my ground and told him no. Not until graduation, like I planned in the beginning.

"So, how long are you staying?" I asked. "You know I always have a spare room for you and Damon."

"I was going to leave in a week but, now..." Stefan pondered in thought. "I was thinking until the summer's over. The Gate might be closed but I want to make sure you're ok."

I squealed. "Yeah, this is great. Even before she knew about vampires, Nancy wanted to meet you. And I think you and Steve will get along just great."

Stefan smiled at me. "Good."

》》》》

A/N: End of Act 1. Season Three starts in the next chapter, and yes, Stefan will be part of it.