Ten

Ok, I ran home to put on my costume and got ready. Now, I feel bad for not wearing it with the guys. Sure, I might have been the only girl in school to wear one but that's what makes me different. Besides the fact that I'm a vampire. I told the guys I would pick them up. I actually picked up Mike, Dustin, and Lucas. Jonathan said he was going to come with Will, so he'll meet us there. Dustin complimented on my costume. He is such a sweetheart. Even said that he knew I'd be the prettiest ghost. Lucas gave him a look before shoving him. I chuckled while they went to get more candy.

Dustin practically ran over to me with his bag up. "Jackpot!"

I chuckled again. "Nice." Then I remembered what I was going to do. I pulled out one of the bracelets and held it up to him. "And I have a surprise for you."

"You got me a present?" Dustin beamed as Mike and Lucas came over.

I smiled. "I actually got you all one." I pulled the other two out. A leather bracelet with a dragon pendant, the vervain hidden in it. "It's a friendship bracelet."

"Aren't bracelets for girls?" Lucas asked.

Dustin smacked his arm. "Don't be mean. She got us something." Dustin took one and started putting it on. "And these are awesome!"

Mike grabbed one. "They are. Thanks, Bela. But what's the occasion?"

Besides the fact that it's Halloween and vampires come out. Not only that, ever since Damon almost attacked Steve I want the boys to be safe. I'm sure Damon wouldn't attack them but I'm pretty sure he would compel them.

I smiled at the boys as Lucas finally grabbed a bracelet. "No occasion. Think of it as a friendship bracelet. Now I want you boys to promise me you won't take these off. I'll be very sad if you do."

"We don't want that," Dustin said. "I will never take this off."

Lucas gave him an annoyed look. "Suck up."

Dustin smacked him with his candy sack. "Shut up!"

Lucas started hitting him with his sack. I got in the middle before either boy could injure each other.

"Guys, that's enough," I said. I looked up to see Jonathan's car pulling over. "Will's here."

Lucas smiled as Will ran over. "Will!"

I chuckled. "Will, you ready for tonight?" Will smiled with a nod. "Great. Oh, and I've got you something. Hold out your wrist."

Will look confused. "Bela got us these really cool bracelets," Mike said.

I sighed happily. At least I know my boys are ok from compulsion. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah!" Will said. Then he remembered something. "Actually, I was thinking if...it's ok with you...if we could go trick-or-treating by ourselves. I asked Jonathan and he said it's fine. He could give you a ride to the party...if you said yes."

"You don't want me to go trick-or-treating with you guys?" I asked. "Ouch."

"It's not that. You're awesome. It's just everyone else doesn't have a babysitter. And I know there's this party tonight. I'd thought you might want to go."

"Are you insane?!" Dustin said. "She wants to spend Halloween with us!"

I shook my head in understanding. "No. No. It's fine, Dustin. You guys are old enough to go trick-or-treating alone."

Will's eyes softened. "Are you mad at me?"

I smiled at him while I messed up his hair. "At my boys. Never. Just promise me you'll stay with each other."