Nine

"When there's something strange in the neighborhood...who you gonna call?" Dustin sang as I drove us to school. He smiled while he pointed at me.

"Ghostbusters!" I sang out loud before tapping on my steering wheel. Dustin and I started laughing.

"Oh, my mom wants me to thank you for taking us Trick-or-Treating this year. Even though you have that party tonight."

"No problem. I love you guys. I mean, why would I drown myself in alcohol when I could spend the time with the four most awesome guys in Hawkins."

Dustin smiled at me. "It's these pearls, isn't it?" he asked as he showed me his teeth.

I chuckled as I nodded. "Yes, Dustin. It's the teeth." I used one of my hands to pat him on the shoulder. "I'm not kidding, too. I'd rather go trick-or-treating with you guys. Hell, I even prefer our D&D nights."

"Are you going to dress up when you come over?" he asked hopefully. With my morning with Eleven, I forgot to get my costume. Sure, I could have just ran and dress quickly but I didn't want to. Being 136 years old...you grow out of it. I'll just make this exception just this once.

"Yep. Just like we planned. You guys are the Ghostbusters and I'll be Slimer."

"You're going to be one pretty ghost."

"Thanks, Dustin."

"You could be wearing only a sheet over your head and you'll still be the prettiest one out of everyone." I chuckled again as I pulled up at the school. Dustin grabbed his things before getting out. "Thanks, Bela."

"Am I taking you home after?"

"Nah, the guys are bringing in my bike."

I furrowed my brows. "I still don't know how you forgot it over at Mike's."

Dustin shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know either. It's weird." Then he smiled again. "Actually, my bike can fit two people. You can ride with us...I mean, if you're ok leaving your car. Wait, then you'll have to walk back. Oh, no, you'll be walking home alone."

I chuckled at Dustin's concern. "Dustin, it's fine. I don't mind walking you guys home." I motioned to my trunk. "Actually brought my skateboard."

Dustin's mouth flew open. "Are you a mind reader or something?" Definitely something.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not a mind reader. I'll see you guys after school, ok?"

He nodded. "Ok."

Dustin grabbed his handmade "ghost trap" and ran towards Mike, Lucas, and Will when they rode up. Lucas gave Dustin an annoyed look as he gave him his bike. I couldn't help but listen in on what they were saying.

"Really, man. This is the last time you leave your bike so you could have some alone time with Bela," Lucas said.

A smile came to my face as I backed up and rode towards the entrance of the high school. Not even the entrance. More near the exit in case there's traffic coming out when it's over. At least I'm near the exit. I grabbed my bag before getting out. I still have some time before class starts. I leaned against my car and pulled my journal out. I can't believe I've been here for a month already. I was about to write when a familiar Camero pulled up next to me. That new girl, Max, came out and slammed the door before skating towards the middle school.

"Slam my door again and you're walking home!" Billy yelled. Max turned around and flipped him off before going inside the school. I started chuckling. Ahh, Max. I might not have talked to you, but I like you anyway. Billy glared at me. "What you laughing at, Princess?"