Five

I was about to head to school, but Steve parked right in front of my house and told me to get in. We were on the way to get Nancy, so in the meantime, he was bombarding me with questions. The night he found out...he was really freaking out. Like he made a cross with his fingers and told me to stay back. He was about to run home, but I sped in front of him. I pleaded that he didn't tell anyone. He didn't say anything besides that he needed time to think. Well, I guess he was done thinking.

"Ok, let me get this straight," Steve started. "You're over 100 years-old?"

I nodded. "Yup. 136 to be exact."

Steve's eyes widen. "What?" He was so shocked that he swerved the car a bit. He got it under control and still looked at me wide-eyed. "136!"

I nodded again. "Well, I'm really 16, but I've been 16 for 120 years. 16 plus 120..." I motion my hands together. "136." Steve kept his eyes on the road. I could a rapid thumping. "I know this is a lot to take in -"

"More than a lot."

"- but you found out about me. I could have compelled you to forget that you met my dick of a brother and made you forget what you saw, but you're my friend. You should know the truth. So, during lunch, I could answer all of your questions you might have. I'll be 100% honest with you."

Steve slowly nodded. "Ok. Lunch. I'll just have to make something up with Nancy."

Make something else with Nancy? "Does this mean?"

"Yes, Bels, I'll keep your secret." I sighed in relief. "But I just have one question for you right now?"

"Go ahead. Ask."

Steve slowly looked at me. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

"No. No, I wasn't."

I didn't expect anyone to find out in the first place.

》》》》

I left Nancy and Steve in his car the moment we arrived. Yes, I'm glad that Steve promised to keep my secret, but this just makes things a bit difficult for me. People who find out who I am end up getting killed...or seriously injured.

I wasn't even that far away. I was by the steps of the school with Stefan's journal. It wasn't from this time period, per say, it was from the 1940's. When he enlisted in the army. He talked about how he was still learning how to control his thirst. Maybe if I know how he'd did it, then I could try the same tactic.

It's been days since I've drank from the vein. The animal blood started out like acid running down my throat. But with Lexi's help, and with time, I was able to surpass it. The more blood I saw through camp made me want to give in. To give in and drink. But people shouldn't die because of me. They shouldn't die because of what I am.

The sound of someone blasting their music made me look up from the journal. Some jackass was blaring Rock You Like A Hurricane as he sped through the parking lot. He didn't care who was in the way, he looked like he was about to run over anyone.

The car had a California license plate. A nice blue Camaro that might actually put Damon's Camaro Convertible to shame. Actually, no car could beat Damon's car. A small redhead girl came out and skated towards the middle school. Looks like Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Mike have a new girl in their class. I turned my head back towards the owner of the car. Wearing tight jeans with a tight shirt, denim jacket to pull the look together. Have to admit, the guy was kinda cute. Only thing that bugged me was his hair, but other than that....he gave off a major prick vibe. The guy had a cigarette in his mouth before he tossed it aside and made his way over.

"Who is that?" I over heard one of the girls from across the parking lot.

"I have no idea," the other girl gushed. "But would you check out that ass. Just look at it go."

I rolled my eyes. Oh, please. I heard someone coming towards me and looked up to see the new guy. His gaze caught mine and he instantly winked at me before going inside the building. Ok, I was wrong, he isn't a prick. He's a fucking asshole.

》》》》

A/N: And here comes Billy Hargrove!!!!