Chapter 2 // Bobo

It's midday and it is time for work. I put on my dark grey cap before turning it backwards, letting the shaded part stick at the back of my head. I packed two large stocks of colas in my backpack before rushing out the door, running towards Galf's shop for my first mission of the day. The streets were dried up. The Sun beat down the back of my neck as I turned to a small corner to the small shop. Galf was waiting outside with a small smile on his face, he expected me to be this early for the job.

"Morning, Jard!" Galf greeted, "Or should I say, 'Midday'?"

"Yeah, yeah," I answered, "I work in the afternoons,"

"Great! Now your next mission is to the Jungle," he continued as he walks back into his shop, "I heard that an artifact is going to spawn in about 5 minutes," 

"The jungle?" I repeated, "haven't I done that a few days ago?"

"Correct, but I guess it's spawning there again," Galf sighed as he looks at his billboard, "Oh, by the way, there are going to be a lot of people there,"

My eyes lit up from the statement.

"People?" I said in curiosity, "in a complete different dimension?!"

"That's correct," Galf said as he placed his hands on both of my shoulders, "just don't trust anybody, there are people out there that could be a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing-"

"OW, FUCK!"

It was the pain from the bandages yesterday. Now I could think of nothing, but the way Galf plucked that damn bullet out of my skin. Galf immediately pulled back from my reaction, his hands lifting from both of my shoulders.

"Oh, my goodness, I'm so sorry I forgotten that you were previously injured," he apologized.

"It's alright," I said.

"Ah, yes. Let's get to work," Galf said as he gave me the dimension button, "good luck, Jard!"

"I'll be back when I live!" I said jokingly as I stepped into the portal.

"And don't forget to eat the vegetables I packed for you!"

"GA-"

Before I could respond, the portal closed in from the barriers between me and Galf. God dammit, Galf! God dammit, mother bloody Galf. Thanks for embarrassing me in front of millions of people who are probably watching me do stupid things every time I speak...

.... Wait fuck I broke the fourth wall.

(A/N Dammit, Jard-....)

I opened my bag to check if Galf actually packed vegetables into my bag. After looking into my storage, I was relieved to find he was only joking. I was relieved that I do not need to eat a carrot while a blood-sucking nextbot chase me in every corner of the dimension.

The jungle dimension was probably much more exotic than the artifact itself. The area was concentrated by thick grey fog. All buildings in this place are either collapsed or being eroded away while parasitic moss replaced its missing cracks. The grass was lushful, but dead, with only the trees watching it slowly die.

Galf was right, there is a lot of people here. I ran to the top of the ancient half-eroded pyramid and headcount the small crowd. There is about 12 people roaming around the area, confused of where they are. Assuming by their crying, groaning and loud complaints, I don't think they were expected to be here. Questions flooded my mind. How did they get here in such a miserable place? Who are they and who sent them here? Did the Elysium had something to do with this horrible treatment?